Food Service Worker
- Job Title
- Food Service Worker
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Howard University Hospital Food Service Worker are an intelligent bunch that handles the core accounting responsibilities at the hospital. As a member of this team, you know how to perform a variety of food service duties, including sanitation duties in assigned areas that are in accordance with departmental/hospital policies and procedures, and applicable local and federal health department standards and program requirements. We take pride in our understanding that every job, no matter how big or small affects the experience of our patients. And our team strives to assure that all hospital patients receive quality medical care and we want YOU to be a part of that effort.
Who are you?
We are looking for a passionate person who wants to join our Food Service department at Howard University Hospital. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Howard University hospital’s business objectives. Ideal candidates have experience in a fast-paced high growth environment and the ability to work part of a team.
What will you do?
- Utilizes tray tickets/marked menus, ensures accurate assembly of patient trays for general and modified diets; ensures portions served are in accordance with diet plans and checked completed trays for accuracy.
- Explains the menu selection process and assists patients with making a selection.
- Maintains a cluster-free, clean, safe, sanitary and orderly work area
- Retrieves soiled trays, silverware and food carts
- Assists with preparing/portioning salads, desserts, and other items needed.
- Delivers food carts to patient floors and trays to patients’ bedside, ensuring patients receive the correct trays and provide assistance accordingly.
- Disposes of trash and garbage according to sanitation policies and procedures.
- Cleans walk-in storage areas and refrigerators.
What do you need?
- High School or GED
- Six (6) months of food service experience, preferably in a healthcare environment.
Who do you report to?
Food Services Supervisor
Shift Details, M-F and every other weekend:
1 opening: 6 AM -230 PM
3 openings: 11 AM-730 PM
4 openings total
- Required Skills