Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Sitework Construction Project Manager
- Job Title
- Sitework Construction Project Manager
- Job ID
- Remote - East Coast,
- Other Location
Position: Sitework Construction Project Manager
Location: Either Onsite at our South Windsor, CT office or Remote from the East Coast
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Ideally this position will be based in our South Windsor, CT office, however, will cover projects across the Eastern seaboard and other areas of the country. While responsibilities of the Sitework Project Manager will vary day to day, in general you will often:
- Manage portfolio of civil projects (earth/sitework, not vertical) with a value of $100,000+.
- Opportunity to engage in other construction projects associated with stormwater design/construction, remediation systems/projects, fuel cell installation and other construction projects.
- Experienced in construction estimating, w/ emphasis on civil site work (strongly preferred).
- Ensure safe performance of project work and promote safe work culture.
- Responsible for management of Jr Team Members and field crews.
- Oversee financial responsibilities associated managed projects which includes bids/proposals, cost estimates, project reviews and, invoicing monthly project reconciliations.
- Ability to share resources and work with other internal offices in order to expand and grow construction services.
- Hire and manage subcontractors.
Why you'll love working with us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more
- Paid time off
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry
- 900+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US
What we're looking for:
- BA/BS in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of varied technical experience – construction (not vertical), sitework and stormwater
- Excellent safety record and understanding of safe work practices.
- Knowledge of national construction market including commercial, municipal, state and Federal clients.
- Track record of exceptional client engagement, management and business development experience.
- Structure, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage, motive and drive project schedules to maximize efficiency and burn project backlog.
- Experienced with construction estimating.
- Experience with technical oversight, and project management.
- Ability to engage, mentor, train and manage direct reports.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Business minded and good understanding of project financials.
- Ability to understand client needs and business objectives.
Interested? To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.