Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
BIO-MEDICAL TECHNICIAN 2
- Job Title
- BIO-MEDICAL TECHNICIAN 2
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75203
- Other Location
BIO-MEDICAL TECHNICIAN 2 FEATURED
METHODIST DALLAS MEDICAL CTR
DALLAS, TX, 75265-5999
Full-time · Day · 8am-4:30pm
Req # 20057519
The Biomedical Equipment Technician II (BMET II) maintains, tests, and calibrates advanced diagnostic and Therapeutic Medical Equipment Systems, as assigned, to insure safe and proper operation. You will perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities on advanced medical equipment according to the departmental guidelines established in the Methodist Health System Policies & Procedures, as well as Federal, State, and Industry recognized standards. The BMET II documents all maintenance activities and seeks assistance of Senior Biomedical Equipment Technicians as needed on more complex issues.
Your Job Requirements:
- Associates Degree (Military Training or equivalent work experience) in one of the following disciplines.
- 4 years experience working as a BMET 1 is required.
- Must be able to use all electronic hand tools and test equipment.
- Biomedical Equipment Technology or related field in order to provide supportive and technical expertise to customers.
- Must be able to work night shift or overtime if required.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Performs comprehensive scheduled maintenance and calibration procedures on assigned, advanced medical equipment per manufacturer’s specifications, State and Federal Guidelines.
- Provides quality technical assistance to customers on advanced medical equipment.
- Perform safety testing on all medical equipment annually and after each repair or scheduled maintenance check.
- Practices and adheres to all current safety regulations and policies regarding servicing of diagnostic/ therapeutic medical equipment and all other safety practices.
- Identifies any safety related issues and instructs fellow technicians and operators on corrective measures.
- Performs unscheduled repairs, in a timely manner, on all medical devices assigned to his or her area of responsibility in accordance with manufacture’s guidelines.
- Performs customer follow-up after each repair is completed.
- Provides safety and operator training on advanced medical equipment to hospital staff as needed.
- Performs administrative duties as assigned in his or her area of responsibility to include: completion of all paperwork associated with safety testing, scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance within two working days of work completion.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
Additional Information: Methodist Dallas Medical Center is one of North Texas’ best places to work. And it just gets better. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence and the flagship hospital of Methodist Health System, Methodist Dallas is a 556-bed teaching and referral hospital and home to one of only three Level I Trauma Centers in Dallas County. We are a certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and have highly rated adult liver, kidney, and pancreas transplant programs. Celebrating more than 90 years of service, Methodist Dallas strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
- Magnet®-designated hospital
- Grade A Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group®
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
- First in the U.S. certified by The Joint Commission for pancreatic surgery and pancreatitis
- First in Texas certified for pancreatic cancer
- Hip and knee joint replacement programs certified by The Joint Commission
- Chest Pain – MI Registry™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award by the American College of Cardiology for excellence in heart attack care.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist