Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
CARE TRANSITION NAVIGATOR - PRN
- Job Title
- CARE TRANSITION NAVIGATOR - PRN
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75203
- Other Location
CARE TRANSITION NAVIGATOR - PRN
METHODIST CHARLTON MEDICAL CTR
DALLAS, TX, 75222-5357
PRN · Day · 8/5
Req # 20056425
The PRN Care Transitions Navigator will coordinate activities that promote quality outcomes, patient throughput, and discharge planning while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization. The PRN Care Transitions Navigator will identify potential barriers to patient throughput and quality outcomes minimizing delays in discharge plans.
Your Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Master's degree in Social Work, Registered Nurse with BSN preferred. Hospital case management experience preferred
- LMSW/LBSW, or RN as licensed by the Texas Board of Examiners, CCM or ACM preferred
- 1 Year related work experience.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to periodically flex work schedule as indicated by client or hospital needs
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationship with all levels of staff
- Ability to communicate in an articulate manner, both verbally and in writing, and demonstrate empathy, flexibility, and objectiveness, and maintains a professional approach to handling confidential information.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly and openly
- Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
- Be accountable for your performance
- Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
- Take initiative for your professional growth
- Be engaged and eager to build a winning team
Methodist Charlton Medical Center is a 301-bed, full-service, teaching hospital that serves the communities of Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Duncanville, and Lancaster in southwestern Dallas County. With a new 40,000-square-foot, $71 million emergency department expansion planned, our busy, growing hospital features a newly renovated intensive care unit and a Level III Advanced Trauma Center. Among other distinctions, we have been recognized for our interventional cardiology services including cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, open heart surgery, and STEMI care; stroke care; hip and knee joint replacement services; women and children's services; and more. Methodist Charlton strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve -- one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we've earned:
- Journey to Magnet Excellence® hospital
- Level III Advanced Trauma Facility
- Grade A Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group®
- Accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission for heart attack, heart failure, chest pain, stroke, pneumonia, surgery, perinatal care, and knee and hip joint replacement
- Chest Pain – MI Registry™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award by the American College of Cardiology for excellence in heart attack care.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist