Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
- Job Title
- HEALTH INFORMATICIST
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75203
- Other Location
METHODIST HEALTH SYSTEM
DALLAS, TX, 75265-5999
Full-time · Day · 8am
Req # 20055714
The primary purpose of the Health Informaticist position is to research, design, program, test, install and maintain assigned programs and systems. Using evidence based practice, the Health Informaticist contributes to patient safety by developing clinical protocols, documentation templates, and decision support rules in collaboration with physicians, nurses, and other clinicians.
Your Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in healthcare informatics, nursing, or other related field.
- Equivalent work experience can replace the educational requirement
- Graduate from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas preferred - if licensed, maintains current licensure.
- Certification in Epic Inpatient Clinical Documentation, and Epic Bugsy strongly preferred.
- Epic Business Intelligence Developer experience and certification required
Methodist Health System is a highly revered, leading nonprofit healthcare organization in Dallas, Texas. Named on of the fastest-growing health systems in America by Modern Healthcare, Methodist will soon include 11 hospitals, either through ownership or affiliation. Our wholly owned and full-service hospitals include Methodist Dallas, Methodist Charlton, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers; Methodist Richardson -- Campus for Continuing Care; and, opening fall 2020 Methodist Midlothian Medical Center. Our affiliated physician organization is Methodist Medical Group, which includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. At Methodist, we strive to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve -- one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we've earned:
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journal
- A 150 Great Places to Work in Health care nine years in a row by Becker's Hospital Review
- Military Friendly Employer
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Ranked No. 2 on DiversityInc's List of Top Hospitals and Health Systems in America, 2018
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist