Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
NURSE RESEARCH COORDINATOR
- Job Title
- NURSE RESEARCH COORDINATOR
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75203
- Other Location
NURSE RESEARCH COORDINATOR FEATURED
CLINICAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE
METHODIST HEALTH SYSTEM
DALLAS, TX, 75265-5999
Full-time · Day · 0800-1700
Req # 20055064
The Nurse Research Coordinator role performs advanced-level research coordination to support IRB-approved clinical research across Methodist Health System and its affiliates. In addition to customary research coordination activities, the Nurse Research Coordinator, under the direction of the principal investigator, will perform study-related assessments and procedures, such as: physical examinations, transient elastography (TE), electrocardiogram (ECG) infusion therapy, phlebotomy, and administer medications as outlined in the research protocol.
- AA/BA/BS or higher in a science-related field - Required.
- 3 years of experience in industry-sponsored research – Required
- LVN or RN - Required.
- Certification from the Association of Clinical Research Professional (ACRP), Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA), or Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC) is highly preferred.
- Schedule, monitor, and manage a caseload of patients.
- Perform a variety of study-related procedures as indicated by the study protocol.
- Enter data into designated Electronic Data Capture (EDC) system with minimum error, and address queries in a timely manner.
- Assess and determine patient eligibility according to protocol criteria.
- Develop data collection tools and source documentation.
- Facilitate industry-sponsored research monitoring visits and audits.
- Complete other duties as assigned to support the Methodist Health System Clinical Research Institute.
- S/he must have effective organizational skills, a high-level of knowledge of EPIC or similar EHR/EMR, the ability to efficiently abstract data from patient medical records, as well as understands medical terminology for a variety of medical disciplines.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel locally regularly.
Methodist Health System is a highly revered, leading nonprofit healthcare organization in Dallas, Texas. Named on of the fastest-growing health systems in America by Modern Healthcare, Methodist will soon include 11 hospitals, either through ownership or affiliation. Our wholly owned and full-service hospitals include Methodist Dallas, Methodist Charlton, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers; Methodist Richardson -- Campus for Continuing Care; and, opening fall 2020 Methodist Midlothian Medical Center. Our affiliated physician organization is Methodist Medical Group, which includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. At Methodist, we strive to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve -- one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we've earned:
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journal
- A 150 Great Places to Work in Health care nine years in a row by Becker's Hospital Review
- Military Friendly Employer
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Ranked No. 2 on DiversityInc's List of Top Hospitals and Health Systems in America, 2018
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist