Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
NURSE SIMULATION EDUCATOR
- Job Title
- NURSE SIMULATION EDUCATOR
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75203
- Other Location
NURSE SIMULATION EDUCATOR FEATURED
METHODIST DALLAS MEDICAL CTR
DALLAS, TX, 75265-5999
Full-time · Day · 8:00 - 16:30
Req # 20057337
The Nurse Simulation Coach designs and runs simulation during training scenarios. You will serve as a system-wide coach and consultant for nurse educators and members of the inter-professional team on effective ways of using simulation and educational debriefing to achieve proficiency in healthcare skills. You will manage day-to-day operations of simulation center including scheduling, set-up/take-down and flexible moving of equipment and supporting simulation center leadership as needed including: administrative, research, training scenario development and special projects.
Your Job Requirements:
- BSN is required; MSN preferred
- Minimum of 2 years RN at the bedside (preferred).
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas.
- Certification in Nursing Professional Development preferred
- Passion for education.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Curricular design, evaluation and implementation of clinical training scenarios from the perspectives of the interprofessional healthcare team. Interface with all departments at Methodist Health System needed to collaborate and improve healthcare staffs’ competency and well-being.
- Effectively run simulation equipment and mannequins during simulation training scenarios.
- Manage day-to-day operations of simulation center including scheduling, set-up/take-down and moving of equipment.
- Support simulation center leadership as needed, including but not limited to: administrative, research, scenario design and special projects.
- Assist in leading the simulation center’s internal and national growth and presentations at local and national meetings for simulation and clinical well-being.
- Learning facilitator: The nurse simulation coach uses the educational design process to bridge the knowledge, skills, and /or practice gaps identified through a needs assessment.
- Champion for scientific inquiry: The nurse simulation coach promotes the generation and dissemination of new knowledge and the use of evidence to advance and guide clinical practice, and improve patient care.
- Partner for practice transitions: The nurse simulation coach supports the transition of nurses and other healthcare team members across learning and practice environments, roles, and professional stages.
- Mentor: The nurse simulation coach contributes to the professional development of others and supporting life-long learning and clinician well-being.
Additional Information: Methodist Dallas Medical Center is one of North Texas’ best places to work. And it just gets better. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence and the flagship hospital of Methodist Health System, Methodist Dallas is a 556-bed teaching and referral hospital and home to one of only three Level I Trauma Centers in Dallas County. We are a certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and have highly rated adult liver, kidney, and pancreas transplant programs. Celebrating more than 90 years of service, Methodist Dallas strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
- Magnet®-designated hospital
- Grade A Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group®
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
- First in the U.S. certified by The Joint Commission for pancreatic surgery and pancreatitis
- First in Texas certified for pancreatic cancer
- Hip and knee joint replacement programs certified by The Joint Commission
- Chest Pain – MI Registry™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award by the American College of Cardiology for excellence in heart attack care.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist