Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
SR REIMBURSEMENT ANALYST
- Job Title
- SR REIMBURSEMENT ANALYST
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75203
- Other Location
SR REIMBURSEMENT ANALYST FEATURED
METHODIST HEALTH SYSTEM
DALLAS, TX, 75265-5999
Full-time · Day · 8-5
Req # 20057691
Assist the Manager of Regulatory Compliance, the Manager of Governmental Accounting, Director of Government Programs and the Vice President/Controller in the reporting of governmental accounting for Methodist Health Systems.
Your Job Requirements:
- Four-year college accounting degree with demonstrated knowledge of accounting theory, particularly financial systems, financial analysis technique and managerial accounting. Graduate degrees in relevant healthcare/business studies preferred.
- CPA Preferred
- Position requires extensive knowledge of governmental programs ( Medicare and Medicaid).
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to manage time in order to meet concurrent deadlines
- Able to maintain and exhibit professionalism
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated experience using Advanced Excel skills
- Work Experience: 4 years experience in either a hospital or intermediary setting
- Experience using HFS software preferred
- Working knowledge of Hospital Medicare reimbursement areas of Wage Index, Medical Education, Organ Transplant, 10, Medicare & Medicaid DSH, Charity Care and Bad Debts
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation of the annual MHS hospital Medicare/Medicaid cost reports and home office cost statement, applying the Medicare/Medicaid regulations and policy requirements of the Federal and State governments for these programs, and the timely filing of these cost reports.
- Assist with any amended reports, reopening reports, and Medicare/Medicaid settlement audits, and wage index reviews.
- Prepare the required Champus reports for all hospitals at completion of the annual hospitals’ Medicare cost reports to obtain payment from Champus for Capital and Medical education costs and file timely.
- Prepare the required Medicaid UC/DSH applications and reconciliations for each hospital according to State of Texas guidelines for timely filing
- Prepare the required Trauma applications for each trauma designated hospital according to the State guidelines for timely filing.
- Prepare departmental components of the annual Community Benefits and AHA Surveys
- And submit to hospital liaison for timely filing.
- Provide the necessary information related to special projects as required for the Director of Reimbursement and Manager of Regulatory Compliance
- Keeping aware of changing Medicare and Medicaid regulations and changes in cost reporting Instructions.
Methodist Health System is a highly revered, leading nonprofit healthcare organization in Dallas, Texas. Named on of the fastest-growing health systems in America by Modern Healthcare, Methodist will soon include 11 hospitals, either through ownership or affiliation. Our wholly owned and full-service hospitals include Methodist Dallas, Methodist Charlton, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers; Methodist Richardson -- Campus for Continuing Care; and, opening fall 2020 Methodist Midlothian Medical Center. Our affiliated physician organization is Methodist Medical Group, which includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. At Methodist, we strive to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve -- one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we've earned:
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journal
- A 150 Great Places to Work in Health care nine years in a row by Becker's Hospital Review
- Military Friendly Employer
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Ranked No. 2 on DiversityInc's List of Top Hospitals and Health Systems in America, 2018
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist