Senior Data Architect
- Job Title
- Senior Data Architect
- Job ID
- Sterling, VA
- Other Location
Position: Senior Data Architect
**Clearance: Active Secret, Top Secret preferred but we will sponsor to get Top Secret if selected!**
Supporting DHS. Will need DHS Suitibility.
The Senior Data Architect will report directly to the Data Management Lead. Design, creation, deployment, and management of the organizational data structure, translating business needs into mission appropriate long-term data architecture solutions including data access analysis and warehousing design and implementation. Review and develop data reference architecture, data models, and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management focusing on secure and rapid access. Develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive and recovery, and implementation planning. Develop data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and systems integration.
Participate in the data management team assessment, review, and refinement of data and metadata standards in alignment with customer data and data technology standards that include attribute based access control. Collaborate with team members to develop data plans and proposed solutions that will interface and enhance current Government-sponsored programs architectures. Participate in data design reviews and data integration in support of project transition into production. Contribute to operational plans including data technology, data storage management, and architectural criteria that promote continual data assessment and audit capabilities for security and quality control. Create documentation and contribute to architectural and migration efforts for data in a Cloud environment, specifically AWS GovCloud. Support engineering and development efforts working in a SAFE Systems Engineering LifeCycle (SELC) environment.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Must have experience in the following areas:
· Proven work experience as a Data Architect or similar role.
· In-depth understanding of database structure principles.
· Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements.
· Expertise in SQL, NoSQL, or Cypher query language solutions.
· Familiarity with data visualization and modeling tools.
· Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
· Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years or equivalent experience.
· Proven work experience as a Data Architect or similar role in the Federal Government
· In-depth understanding of database documentation, data integration and data migration (on-premise to Cloud)
· Expertise in AWS GovCloud data tools, specifically, S3, Redshift, Zeppelin, Kibana
· Expertise in verbal and written skills to lead discussions and documentation efforts
· Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau