- Job Title
- Configuration Manager
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32817
- Other Location
Position: Configuration Manager
Location: Aberdeen, MD
- Experience in configuration management processes and procedures, identification, configuration change, and configuration control.
- Strong interpersonal skills required in order to interact effectively with staff and all levels of management in identifying and resolving issues and dealing with sensitive problems and situations.
- Manages product design changes and the effects of the overall system.
- Assists in documenting and tracking all aspects of hardware and/or software development and modifications.
- Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness and proper authorizations.
- Prepares deviations and waivers for government approval when specifications cannot be met.
- Reviews all issued document change requests, document change notices and associated drawings for accuracy, completeness and proper signatures.
Minimum Education and Experience:
· Two (2) or more years’ experience with Configuration Management processes, including planning, designing, implementing, testing, and releasing phases of an Army program of record life cycle for both hardware and software.
· Experience with managing and regulating change control on configuration items (CI), including participating in review boards, processing Change Proposals, such as ECP’s, RFV, or RFD’s, and configuration control boards (CCB).
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, VMware ESXi, and Cisco switches, routers, and iOS. Ability to manage Contract Deliverables (CDRL’s) for logistics and services contracts using a government provided database tool.
· Ability to manage and prepare product builds consisting of software, documentation, hardened images, and Virtual Machines. Ability to conduct physical configuration audits (PCAs) or hardware assessments on various vendor products.
· Ability to conduct and manage replication and distribution of product builds, including logistics tracking. Ability to manage license issuance for all fielded unit’s, conduct license audits, and generate license reports for leadership
· BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
· Knowledge of Army Tactical Network systems. Ability to provide verbal and written reports to staff, as needed.
· Ability to manage and input information in CM tools and documentation. Create and update CM documentation, as required
· Ability to conduct quality assurance (QA) on all CM developed and deliverable products. Modify, catalog, and distribute detailed technical procedures (DTP) and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP). Assist with the review of product drawings and other technical data submitted in support of defining the configuration baseline for the program