MyEyeDr. is seeking a full-time Licensed Dispensing Optician (LDO) to join our practice located in Northampton, MA.
MyEyeDr. is a high growth healthcare company: a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience. We are looking for a passionate Licensed Dispensing Optician that can provide patients with exceptional customer service by understanding and assisting the patient’s needs. The LDO analyzes prescriptions to make recommendations that provide the highest quality vision care to our patients. Additionally, the LDO fits, measures and adjusts eyeglasses to exceed the patients’ needs and expectations. They will also problem solve for any difficulty a patient may experience regarding vision care.
Benefits MyEyeDr offers:
- Competitive salary
- Malpractice, voluntary life & disability insurance
- Paid holidays
Licensed Dispensing Optician (LDO) Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be State Board Certified Licensed Dispensing Optician.
- AA or BA/BS in related field is desirable.
- 2-5 years of related eyewear experience within a similar office environment.
Licensed Dispensing Optician (LDO) Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to provide oversight on all prescriptions throughout the office.
- Use pupillometer, PD ruler and other technical aids for proper fit and measurements.
- Promise accurate delivery & turnaround times meeting the patients’ needs. Immediately notify patient of any delays of delivery times.
- Use lensometer to neutralize, verify and make a final inspection of eyewear.
- Notify and re-notify patients when eyeglasses are complete for dispensing.
- Fit and adjust completed eyewear for each patient.
- Perform preliminary testing for patients, as needed.
- Accurately process patient payment transactions.
The LDO must have demonstrated success in a retail/office environment with a strong comfort level with optical and lens related concerns. The ideal LDO will have strong communication skills to establish rapport and long-lasting relationships with patients. This individual must be proficient in utilizing automated equipment & systems to allow them to multi-task and meet patient deadlines.
The ideal LDO will be personable, driven by patient focus and needs, and have a passion for providing the best neighborhood eye care experience we can for each and every one of our patients.
If this is you, we encourage you to apply so you can get your journey started with MyEyeDr. where you can help people see, look, and be their very best.
For more information, please contact Tony Nazario at email@example.com or (904) 638-6546.