- Job Title
- Receipt Inspector
- Job ID
- Idaho Falls, ID 83416
- Other Location
Longenecker & Associates (L&A), a woman owned small business, has provided technical and management support to the Nuclear Energy Industry for over 30+ years. L&A is teamed with Granite Construction Corporation (GCC) to provide Quality Oversight on the $1B+ Spent Fuel Handling Recapitalization Project (SFHP). The SFHP will construct large reinforced concrete structures for the Department of Energy (DOE) Naval Reactors Facility (NRF) at the Idaho National Laboratory (INL) located approximately 50 miles west of Idaho Falls, ID. L&A seeks a Receipt Inspector to join L&A’s Quality team to support this assignment and future endeavors within L&A’s portfolio.
L&A offers competitive salaries, full medical benefits, and a generous 401K plan. Our quality team members will be eligible for a monthly living allowance of $1,000/month, plus housing, not to exceed $3000 total. Due to the location of the work site, L&A will provide a daily allowance of $70 for reimbursement of travel when using your personal vehicle to travel from lodging to project site. Team members will be authorized reimbursement for one trip home per month not to exceed $1,000.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
· Ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner to include protecting the confidentiality and integrity of Personally Identifiable Information (PII),
· Understand contractual and engineering design requirements,
· Follow the HSE requirements applicable to work scope,
· Perform and document inspections/tests as assigned,
·Perform receipt and storage inspections,
· Perform or supervise visual examination, verification, inspection and reporting as required by codes, regulations, specifications and plant procedures,
· Ensure all inspection documentation and production work instructions are complete and comply with quality system and engineering specification,
· Discuss inspection results with responsible parties,
· Document deficient conditions in a non-conformance reporting system,
· Report inspection and/or test data,
· Conduct required sampling to verify conformance with specifications,
· Provide process improvement feedback,
· Stop work if job is deemed unsafe or compromises environmental compliance.
· Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal,
· Knowledge of Nuclear and Concrete Quality Standards (examples: NQA-1, ACI, ASTM, IBC, ASME),
· Well-organized, details-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently,
· Good computer and iPad skills; or the ability to master these skills quickly,
· Must be a U.S. Citizen; dual citizenship is not allowed.
Education and Experience Required
· High School Diploma,
· Minimum of 3 years of receipt inspection and/or civil/structural experience (prefer 5-10 years) in the installation, inspection and testing of civil/structural activities,
· Nuclear experience required,
· Candidates must be willing to further their knowledge and skills by obtaining additional certifications, attending training, and participating in on-the-job training where necessary.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Due to accelerated construction demands, positions may include night shifts.
Work is performed on both a construction site and in an office location. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasional and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.