Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
- Job Title
- Respiratory Therapist
- Job ID
- Richardson, TX 75082
- Other Location
Methodist Richardson Medical Center
Richardson, TX, 75082
Full-time / Night / 7pm-7am
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is responsible for a variety of therapeutic and diagnostic procedures including ABG, PFT’s, and various forms of ventilator support, oxygen and aerosol therapy, bronchial hygiene therapy and airway maintenance. You will be expected to be proficient with the respiratory assessment and respiratory treatment of both adults and neonates. These procedures are performed under the indirect supervision of the department’s medical director, according to departmental policies and procedures. The RRT must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, understanding and ability to care for patients of all age groups; and be sensitive to the diverse and unique needs of patients based on age, sex, race and culture.
Your Job Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Care Program
- Current BLS certification required
- Current ACLS certification required
- NRP, PALS — must obtain within 1 year of hire
- Currently licensed in good standing as a Respiratory Care Practitioner by Texas Medical Board
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care
- At least 6 months respiratory care experience.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Performs respiratory therapeutics to include oxygen administration and weaning, aerosol and humidity therapy, IPPB, Incentive Spirometry, airway maintenance, bronchial hygiene, chest physiotherapy, CPR and mechanical ventilation.
- Performs and reports prescribed cardiopulmonary diagnostic procedures to include arterial blood gas analysis, pulse oximetry, pulmonary function studies, and electrocardiograms.
- Prepares a treatment evaluation to include a bedside respiratory physical assessment, patient interview and a review of patient’s medical record.
- Perform appropriate actions using critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to interpret the CXR, ABG, and PFT’s when reviewing patient data.
- Assembles, checks, operates and troubleshoots all cardiopulmonary equipment such as artificial airways, ventilators, oxygen analyzers, oxygen delivery devices and blood gas analyzers.
- Participates in tasks related to infection control, safety and quality assurance.
- Performs required cleaning and maintenance of all cardiopulmonary equipment and work areas.
- Utilizes appropriate customer scripting as evidenced by observation and improved patient satisfaction.
- Perform other job duties as required
Additional Information: Methodist Dallas Medical Center is one of North Texas’ best places to work. And it just gets better. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence and the flagship hospital of Methodist Health System, Methodist Dallas is a 556-bed teaching and referral hospital and home to one of only three Level I Trauma Centers in Dallas County. We are a certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and have highly rated adult liver, kidney, and pancreas transplant programs. Celebrating more than 90 years of service, Methodist Dallas strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we have earned:
- Magnet®-designated hospital
- Grade A Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group®
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
- First in the U.S. certified by The Joint Commission for pancreatic surgery and pancreatitis
- First in Texas certified for pancreatic cancer
- Hip and knee joint replacement programs certified by The Joint Commission
- Chest Pain – MI Registry™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award by the American College of Cardiology for excellence in heart attack care.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist
To be immediately considered for the Respiratory Therapist, or for further questions, contact Kelly at KellySoluski@mhd.com