Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
Surgical Technician 2
- Job Title
- Surgical Technician 2
- Job ID
- Richardson, TX 75082
- Other Location
Surgical Technician 2
Methodist Richardson Medical Center
Richardson, TX, 75082
Full-time / Day / 7am-7pm
In this highly technical, fast-paced, and rewarding position, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for patients. The Surgical Technician II Certified understands the procedure being performed and assures that all equipment, instrumentation, and supplies are available for the case. Anticipates the needs of the surgeon. Handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. Participates in setting up and turning over the operating room for cases.
Your Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma and/or GED equivalent
- Graduate of certified Surgical Technologist program, military trained, or AD in Surgical Technology preferred
- BCLS certified
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) required
- Must have advanced competencies in a minimum of 3 specialties (specialties to be determined by each hospital)
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Anticipate needs of the surgical team and obtains instrumentation and supplies and available for procedure.
- Pass instruments to surgeon and assistant during procedure.
- Assists with terminal cleaning of room and preparation for the following case.
- Begins cleaning up back table and preparing instruments for terminal cleaning and sterilization as circulator prepares patient to leave the room.
- Place instruments back in the tray for transport to SPD.
- Responsible for knowing and adhering to all policy and procedures such as count policy, universal protocol and labeling of medications, etc.
- Works with students and inexperienced staff on correct method for passing and retrieving instruments during surgical procedures.
Additional Information: Methodist Dallas Medical Center is one of North Texas’ best places to work. And it just gets better. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence and the flagship hospital of Methodist Health System, Methodist Dallas is a 556-bed teaching and referral hospital and home to one of only three Level I Trauma Centers in Dallas County. We are a certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and have highly rated adult liver, kidney, and pancreas transplant programs. Celebrating more than 90 years of service, Methodist Dallas strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we have earned:
- Magnet®-designated hospital
- Grade A Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group®
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
- First in the U.S. certified by The Joint Commission for pancreatic surgery and pancreatitis
- First in Texas certified for pancreatic cancer
- Hip and knee joint replacement programs certified by The Joint Commission
- Chest Pain – MI Registry™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award by the American College of Cardiology for excellence in heart attack care.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist
To be immediately considered for the Surgical Technician 2 job, or for further questions, contact Kelly at KellySoluski@mhd.com