SEARCH FOR JOBS AT AGRANA
- Job Title
- Production Supervisor
- Job ID
- Syracuse, NY 13202
- Other Location
Production Supervisor, Food Production, Lysander, NY
Agrana Fruit is the world market leader and leading ingredient supplier of fruit preparations in one of the fastest growing segments in the food industry. We specialize in the custom development of stabilized fruit preparations for the refrigerated & frozen dairy, bakery and food service industries. Every 3rd cup of yogurt worldwide contains fruit from Agrana!
We are currently hiring for a Production Supervisor that is directly responsible for all manufacturing activities to ensure a safe and efficient operation to deliver quality products in accordance with the shift production priorities. This Production Supervisor will support work across all shifts. Primary responsibility will entail labor management and allocation, training and development, continuous improvement projects and product quality.
Production Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage hourly workforce to achieve designated production and quality goals. Allocate resources as necessitated by changes in the production schedule and assure staffing levels are adequate, thus eliminating downtime and maximizing efficiencies.
- Responsible for validating that the monitoring steps for Critical Control Points meet the requirements of the HACCP plan.
- Responsible for supervision of the sanitation and cleaning of equipment, including; Ensure that proper chemicals levels are being used and proper procedures are being followed; manage and monitor employees to ensure that procedures and standards are being followed; updating of master sanitation schedule.
- Manage the flow of materials through the production process assuring production schedules are being achieved, waste is minimized and overall quality of the product meets customer specifications
- Manage employee relations on shift including performance and development.
- Completion of downtime reports on a daily basis and verification of production paperwork submitted by hourly associates.
- Conduct training on shift relative to safety, quality and production related topics. Ensure the proper on-boarding of new associates through the completion of the job specific training matrix.
- Develop continuous improvement to areas of responsibility based on key performance indicators.
- Actively support plant safety team initiatives and ensure work environment is safe for employees.
Production Supervisor Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Food Science, Business, or Engineering preferred) or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years supervisory experience in the food industry
- Experience managing sanitation activities and understanding of sanitation cleaning process
- Must be open to working rotating schedule
- Strong working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, Quality Testing and Safety Concerns and SAP operating systems
- Capable of managing multiple priorities
- Strong computer skills proficient using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Effective Communicator
- Excellent leadership and cross functional team skills
- Thorough Knowledge of SAP operating systems a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills focusing on Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action.
Agrana Fruit offers competitive salary and provides an excellent benefits package. We are proud to be able to say that our employee costs are some of the lowest in our industry! Benefits offered by Agrana are designed to promote wellness and the well-being of every Agrana employee. If interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply today!