Job Type: Senior Systems/Algorithm Engineer
Position type: Full Time, Employee
Location: On-site in Huntsville, AL or Foothill Ranch, CA area.
Credentials: Degree in Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics. Advanced degree desired. A minimum of 5 years experience.
Languages: Python, C++, C, Java, and/or MATLAB experience desired.
Citizenship: United States citizenship required.
Security Clearance: Existing Secret security clearance required. All new hires will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship is required for clearance.
ExoAnalytic Solutions is looking for a talented Senior Systems Engineer with algorithm development experience to support space and missile defense missions.
The Senior Systems/Algorithm Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of algorithms for space and missile defense systems. The candidate will work with a team of engineers on programs and perform independent research.
The Senior Systems/Algorithm Engineer will perform the following tasks:
- Interface and build working relationship with customers; understand customer needs/desires, develop approach for solving customer needs/desires, write coherent plans in the form of briefings, white papers, and/or proposals; and provide technical direction.
- Design and develop algorithms. Algorithms may include data processing, signal processing, machine learning and physics-based models.
- Perform independent and team research.
- Perform systems engineering analysis of difficult physics and decision problems, assimilate analysis, derive concept designs, structure plans for execution, develop software code, and perform test.
- Writing and evaluating documentation in support of programs.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience in data and signal processing.
- Demonstrate capability developing algorithms and or models & simulations.
- Demonstrate ability to perform scientific experiments, investigations, observations, and related research studies.
- Demonstrate capability to applying advanced research techniques in the investigation, analysis and solution of difficult physics and engineering problems.
- Proven experience and understanding of sensor algorithms such as detection, tracking, and classification is desired but not necessary.
- Missile defense, air and missile defense, space situational awareness, space systems, or communication systems experience desired.
- Proficiency in programming in Python, Java, C and/or C++.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to communicate at technical and programmatic levels.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
ExoAnalytic Solutions is a technology and innovation leader providing world-class products and services to the US federal government and commercial customers worldwide. ExoAnalytic Solutions is an employee-owned company with great benefits including a competitive salary, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan unmatched, paid personal time off, and paid federal holidays. ExoAnalytic Solutions encourages a flexible schedule and allows employees to have structured freedom that allows employees to innovate. Apply today to join our team!