JIRACOR is an ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100:2016 Rev D registered SBA 8(a) company
enabling affordability, effectiveness, and global mission readiness.
Electronics Maintenance Technicians
- Job Title
- Electronics Maintenance Technicians
- Job ID
- Ft. Hood, TX 76544
- Other Location
Electronics Maintenance I
Electronics Maintenance II
Electronics Maintenance III
Please indicate which position you are applying for.
This opportunity is contingent upon contract award
Summary/Scope of Work
The Electronic Maintenance Technician shall provide training on a variety of Training Aids, Devices, Simulators, and Simulations (TADSS) equipment to include Engagement Skills Trainer (EST), Observed Fire Trainer (OFT) and Multi Integrated Laser Engagement System (MILES), and other additional training enablers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance involving the development of requirements, design, fabrication or evaluation of Training Support Center support products, systems, and services. Technical assistance support shall be provided at the designated sites requested by customer, i.e., command post, training area, etc.
- Troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance check and repair systems as required.
- Maintain required documentation of maintenance activities. Monitor and track the repair status of inoperative equipment and document maintenance activities.
- Present technical instruction that includes detailed explanation, demonstration, and guidance on practical exercises; evaluation of performance; special assistance to students requiring additional training; observes students operating the trainers and identified operational errors are detected and students are redirected; provides guidance and problem solving techniques to resolve operational problems.
- Uses knowledge of simulator to interpret advanced technical data.
- Diagnose malfunctions of computers and associated equipment and performs operability/readiness tests and repair.
- Perform systems interface/fault isolation.
- Provide networking and information systems support on training devices and networks
- Provide technical assistance during field exercises; assistance can be provided verbally or in written form.
- Apply fundamental troubleshooting procedures in the maintenance of interfaces and peripheral equipment used with computer.
- Maintain good relations with customers and ensure information flows with technical organization.
- EMT II/EMT III may be required to provide technical direction for lower level technicians
- EMT I - 1-3 years experience in TADSS equipment
- EMT II - 3-5 years experience in TADSS equipment
- EMT III - 5 plus years experience in TADSS equipment
- Previous experience in training support center operations, instructor experience highly preferred
- Familiar with TS-MATS, TADSS and Microsoft Office
- Ability to pass a background check, DOD Security Clearance preferred
- High School diploma or GED
- US Citizen
- Ability to work effectively, and contribute positively, as a team member
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships, professional demeanor, and attitude
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed, and perform special projects as assigned.
JIRACOR, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
News & Announcements
- JIRACOR – 2018 Success Stories Honoree in Central Florida
- Immersive Game-Based Training Courseware Contract Opens Bid Door for JIRACOR
- JIRACOR Awarded sub-contract for new US Army laser training system
- JIRACOR Awarded SBA 8(a) Certification
- JIRACOR has received ISO 9001:2015 & AS9100 Rev D Certification
Commitment to Quality
We are here to provide
the best possible support for you.
3275 Progress Drive
Orlando, FL 32826