JIRACOR is an ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100:2016 Rev D registered SBA 8(a) company
enabling affordability, effectiveness, and global mission readiness.
Reliability and Systems Safety Engineer
- Job Title
- Reliability and Systems Safety Engineer
- Job ID
- Newport, RI 02841
- Other Location
Reliability and Systems Safety Engineer
This job is contingent upon contract award.
Provide Systems Safety and Reliability and Maintainability (R&M) engineering services support various program offices, to ensure that the respective safety and reliability programs incorporate best practices and adhere to DoDI 5000.02, Mil-Std-882E (series), and other DoD, Department of Navy instructions, policies, and requirements. Must be a US Citizen with Secret Security Clearance.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Candidate will review product systems, associated support equipment and facilities, functional specifications and operations, and establish safety requirements for assigned systems.
- Execution of System Safety Analyses to support Safety Hazard Assessments. Will perform hazard analyses including sub and system hazard analyses, bent pin analysis, software system safety assessment, hazardous material management planning and execution.
- Will support safety board activities. Develops safety documents as required to support customer and test/operational range requirements. Support evaluation of interrelationship of the system safety requirements and other aspects of concept design and development requirements to ensure the most cost-effective program.
- Experience conducting System Engineering Analysis, System Safety Analysis, Risk Management and/or Hazard Analysis.
- Plan and execute reliability, maintainability, and testability activities.
- Reliability activities include allocations, predictions, FMECAs, BIT development and effectively analysis, HALT, and BIT demonstrations.
- Actively participate in detailed design activities, technical interchange meetings, program reviews, and supplier support.
- Develop/Review reliability predictions using PTC WQS (Relex) and/or approved prediction methodologies for mechanical and electrical designs.
- Perform Built-In-Test (BIT) analysis, implementation, and validation
- Interact with engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, program managers and customers during the investigation, documentation and resolution of system failures.
- Review Specifications, Drawings, Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), support Concept Screening Board (CSB) and Configuration Control Board (CCB).
- Support design reviews and test activities as required
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school in the area of Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- Five to Ten years of experience in Reliability and Systems Safety Engineering.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed, and perform special projects as assigned.
JIRACOR, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
News & Announcements
- JIRACOR – 2018 Success Stories Honoree in Central Florida
- Immersive Game-Based Training Courseware Contract Opens Bid Door for JIRACOR
- JIRACOR Awarded sub-contract for new US Army laser training system
- JIRACOR Awarded SBA 8(a) Certification
- JIRACOR has received ISO 9001:2015 & AS9100 Rev D Certification
Commitment to Quality
We are here to provide
the best possible support for you.
3275 Progress Drive
Orlando, FL 32826