Option 2: Create a New Profile
Dental Assistant, EFDA - Arrow Dental (Astoria, Oregon)
- Job Title
- Dental Assistant, EFDA - Arrow Dental (Astoria, Oregon)
- Astoria, OR 97103
- Other Location
At Arrow Dental we’re passionate about helping you on your journey to be better. We are currently seeking a full-time Dental Assistant in our Dental Clinic located in Astoria, Oregon. This position will assist the dentist in providing dental treatment. Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
Clinic hours Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Arrow Dental, a Moda Health subsidiary, primarily serves Medicaid patients. This is to help the community with the large population of Medicaid members that became Medicaid eligible due to the Affordable Care Act.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating and draping patient
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist’s access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing radiograph studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certifications, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and directory of emergency numbers.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental hygiene services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirement; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you’re ready to make a difference that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it’s time to discover what’s possible.
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Arrow Dental seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Arrow Dental values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We aim to demonstrate our commitment to diversity through all our business practices and invite applications from candidates that share our commitment to this diversity. Our diverse experiences and perspectives help us become a stronger organization. Let’s be better together.
- Required Skills
1. High school diploma or equivalent and completion of Accredited Dental Assisting Program or equivalent.
2. Expanded Functions (EFDA) Certificate preferred.
3. Two years dental office experience preferred.
4. X-Ray certification required.
5. Ability to speak a second language helpful.
6. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, dental software experience helpful.
7. BLS for Healthcare providers.
8. Strong organizational and detail orientation skills.
9. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
10. Ability to work well under pressure work with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
11. Ability to come into work on time and on a daily basis.
12. Maintain confidentiality and project a professional business image.