Fiber Optic Technician
- Job Title
- Fiber Optic Technician
- Portland, ME
- Other Location
To apply, simply TEXT ONTARGET to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team today!
Fiber Optic Technician
$3000 Sign On Bonus!
(1st half paid out on 90 day anniversary, 2nd half paid out on 1 year anniversary)
Is it time to elevate your career with a company dedicated to being the best in the industry; who values integrity, dedication, and hard work? If so, On Target wants you to join their ranks! We offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package and opportunities for advancement.
At On Target, we are a fast-growing company that provides a variety of utility services such as power line, telecommunications, metering and smart grid services throughout the Northeast. Relocation assistance is available.
Starting Pay for this position is $21-$25/hr. DOE.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits):
- 100% paid training – We're invested in you, starting on your first day
- High-quality company vehicle – All work-related expenses are paid. This means you won't be putting mileage on your personal vehicle for work. –
- Company laptop, phone, and equipment – Advanced technology you can count on.
- Daily pay – Access your pay when you need it most. Instantly transfer your earnings to your bank same day.
- Comprehensive insurance options – A variety of excellent insurance choices including medical, dental, vision, and life.
- 401(k) with company match – We will help you save for the long term with our competitive 401(k) employer match program.
- PTO and paid holidays – Even in your first year, so you can spend time with your loved ones.
- Post-dig season bonus – Front-line employees are the first to share in the company’s success.
- Tenure Boots Program – Provides a $200 voucher to buy a new pair of work boots on your first anniversary and every year after.
- Tech Health Desk – Dedicated representatives to get you what you need when you need it.
- Employee discounts & perks – Outstanding discounts at major retailers and service providers.
Your Responsibilities as a Fiber Optic Technician:
- Responsible for testing fiber optic cabling, joining optical fibers using a fusion splicer, and attaining a low loss splice through a proficient cleave
- Be able to display and interpret the results for the purpose of analyzing and documenting fiber optic links
- Regularly using OTDR, Power Meter and Light Source equipment to complete your work
What We Need From You (Our Requirements):
- 2-4 years of related experience required
- Be able to climb utility poles and work out of an aerial lift devise
- Be able to stand, walk, and work on uneven ground for the full workday
- Maintain knowledge of technological changes through continuing education, training, and trade articles
- Knowledge of Anritsu (OTDR) and Fujikura (Fusion Splicer) equipment preferred
- Valid driver's license with safe driving record required
- CDL (Commercial Driver's License) desirable but not required
- Lift heavy materials and equipment up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis
- Have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.