Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Field Scientist 1
- Job Title
- Field Scientist 1
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC 28269
- Other Location
Position: Scientist 1
Industry: Science Technical
Location: Charlotte, NC
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Field Scientist 1:
- Collect groundwater, soil, surface water, air and/or building materials samples
- Gather, input, analyze, and interpret data from field activities
- Input data into template reports
- Work in field and office setting, but majority will be spent in the field working in a variety of weather conditions
- Actively develop your own career growth
Why you'll love working with us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US
What we're looking for:
- BS in Geology, Environmental Science, Ecology, Toxicology, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, or other related field
- 0-3 years of experience with environmental field sampling and data collection
- Technically-minded, able to use and field calibrate general environmental instrumentation, meters, and equipment
- Strong technical writing skills and experience with data management and report preparation
- Ability to successfully multi-task, work independently and with a team
- Good safety awareness and safe work practices
- Have or be able to acquire a 40 hr HAZWOPER training certificate
- Light construction experience/hands-on skills a plus.
- Ability to edit Phase I and II ESAs is preferred.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant, Olivia, will get you connected with our hiring team today or visit http://www.workatapexcos.com.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.