Careers at RxSense
Our culture is more than a set of values, principles and promises. It’s the dynamic embodiment of who we are, where we’ve been and where we’re headed tomorrow.
- Job Title
- BI Developer
- Job ID
- Other Location
RxSense is a Boston-based health technology company offering powerful technology solutions built to make prescription drugs more affordable for all. We operate two business units – Enterprise Platform Solutions, which provides turnkey technology services to employers, health plans, and others who wish to administer pharmacy benefits, and Direct to Consumer (DTC), which offers cash pay prescription benefits to people under the consumer brand SingleCare.
Incorporated in 2014, RxSense is one of the fastest-growing companies in New England. We are privately held and proud to have been recognized by Fast Company as one of 2020’s Most Innovative Companies, and by Forbes as a 2020 Best Startup Employer. Our CEO and Founder, Rick Bates, was named the EY New England Entrepreneur of the Year award winner in 2018.
The BI Developer will work with developers, BI engineers, business end-users, UX designers, and IT teams (DBA, Source system developers, Data Analysts & QA Testers) for data accuracy and performance. The individual will work with a team across multiple locations and will be responsible for escalating work progress and bottlenecks (if any) to the Lead Developer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop BI dashboards and reports in Qlik Sense.
- Develop, set up, and schedule Reports using NPrinting in Qlik Sense.
- Work with Analysts and Stakeholders to develop requirements.
- Create Data Models that optimize performance and extensibility.
- Develop complex visualizations.
- Connect to AWS data sources. Construct SQL statements and link disparate data sources, flat files with core data.
- Must be a critical thinker who can successfully troubleshoot and solve data quality/performance issues.
- Ability to understand business needs and translate into technology solutions.
- Ability to manage key project milestones with limited direct supervision. Work in a fast-paced, self-managed environment and juggle priorities based on project needs.
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Planned, tracked, and managed agile development via Software (Ex. JIRA).
- Must have worked with BI tools in a development, and production support capacity. Should be able to demonstrate a consistent progression of Qlik-related skillsets.
- Experience working in Data Warehouse environments.
- Proficient in building Qlik Sense load Scripts and Qlik Sense Apps.
- Strong knowledge of Qlik techniques and complex functions (ex: set analysis, aggregation, date & string functions, formatting, mapping & conditional statements, etc.)
- Loading data in Qlik Sense using Web Connectors.
- Geo-Analytics, Qlik Sense mashup, and Web Connectors' experience in Qlik Sense is a plus.