JIRACOR is an ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100:2016 Rev D registered SBA 8(a) company
enabling affordability, effectiveness, and global mission readiness.
- Job Title
- Technical Writer
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL
- Other Location
Orlando, FL 32826
Work as a Technical Writer within a multi-functional team to provide a wide array of technical documentation written to Military Specifications. Must be flexible with outstanding work ethic and possess the ability to respond quickly to company and client needs. Interface with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to verify and understand technical concepts and develop courses of action to ensure project completion is on time and within budget. Candidate must be familiar with layout, design and structure of Organizational, Intermediate and Depot level Technical Manuals (TM’s)' including Operation and Maintenance, Theory of Operation, Fault Isolation Procedures, and Illustrated Parts Breakdowns (IPB’s). Read and interpret engineering drawings and software description documents.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- Coordinates the display of graphics and the production of the document.
- Ensures content is of high quality and conforms with standards.
- Working knowledge of DoD specifications i.e. S1000D.
- Experience in HTML/SGML/XML editing software and Arbortext Editor or equivalent XML editing tool.
- Experience with tracking status for multiple projects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma, A.A. / A.S. preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Have a working knowledge of MIL-STD style guides MIL-STD-40051, MIL-STD-38784, or equivalent.
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience with mobile training development and delivery
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Capable of working in multidiscipline team environment.
- Capable of working with stakeholders at all levels
- Proven proficiency in PC skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed, and perform special projects as assigned.
JIRACOR, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
News & Announcements
- JIRACOR – 2018 Success Stories Honoree in Central Florida
- Immersive Game-Based Training Courseware Contract Opens Bid Door for JIRACOR
- JIRACOR Awarded sub-contract for new US Army laser training system
- JIRACOR Awarded SBA 8(a) Certification
- JIRACOR has received ISO 9001:2015 & AS9100 Rev D Certification
Commitment to Quality
We are here to provide
the best possible support for you.
3275 Progress Drive
Orlando, FL 32826