Banquet Server-Part Time/On Call
- Job Title
- Banquet Server-Part Time/On Call
- Job ID
- Galveston, TX
- Other Location
BANQUET SERVER JOB DESCRIPTION
REPORTS TO: Banquet Manager
The Banquet Server is responsible for the set-up and serving of food and beverages to guests at all banquet functions, according to the hotel standards.
Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in hotel or a related field preferred.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
· Perform preparatory tasks and side work duties to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
· Know how to read the Banquet Event Order (BEO) and be familiar with the menu of the assigned function.
· Served guests according to the hotel’s standards in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
· Respond to guest problems, complaints, and accidents. Communicate to management, if necessary.
· Set all tables according to hotel standards.
· Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and orderly manner, stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for food service functions.
· Clean-up banquet space after the completion of the function and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored and re-stocked properly.
· Prepare room according to BEO and the various meal functions.
· Follow all money handling procedures when serving the guest.
· Know and use “suggestive selling” techniques.
· Know the menu items for each function served and able to give accurate descriptions.
· Ensure overall guest satisfaction.