- Job Title
- Network Administrator
- Job ID
- Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
- Other Location
The Senior Network Administrator's role is to maintain the overall integrity, security, and availability of network infrastructure and resources that provide network services for highly secured Department of Defense (DOD) community users. This includes configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all network hardware, software and communication links.
The selected candidate is expected to be highly proficient in OSI Layer troubleshooting, utilizing software and hardware tools to identify and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance, demonstrating a proven ability to engineer routers, switches, Firewalls, VPNs, and encryption devices.
As part of day-to-day operations, the selected candidate will design, build, test, and implement network systems, including Cisco routers, switches, ASAs, and development environments. JPRA Network Administrators work in close proximity with Security, Windows/Linux, and SANS Storage Administrators, and as such are often tasked with supporting the installation and troubleshooting of network systems components. Network Administrators will utilize Microsoft Visio to maintain and upgrade the current networking and system charts as well as prepare new network and systems designs as needed.
Knowledge and Skills
- LAN/WAN engineering ,design and implementation
- Demonstrated technical experience with Layer 2, 3 and 4 networking and Cisco Catalyst 2900s, 3750s, 6500's, Cisco Nexus 5k. (To include current Routing/Switching network hardware & protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, IP SLA, BGP, VoIP, etc.) and internet standards
- Experience with Network Management and analysis tools (SolarWinds, Cisco ASDM)
- Familiarity with DoD STIG implementation
- Experience with configuring and managing security solutions, including ASA firewalls, anti-virus solutions, VPN, IPS, Web filters, etc.
- Familiarity with EcVoIP, STE Support
- BMC Remedy Help Desk experience a plus
- Experience with IAS/Radius server configuration/administration.
- Experience with commercial carrier and DoD circuits and connectivity, supporting voice, video, and data, from T-1 to OC-12 data rates, and their interfaces.
- Working knowledge and understanding of virtualization technologies i.e. VMware, VDI deployment.
- Familiarity with P2V virtualization concepts as it pertains to network devices
- Hands On Experience administering Windows Server 2008 and 2012 environments with a focus on active directory and group policy, Unix (Solaris), and Linux variants
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related master’s degree. Considered an emerging authority.
- DoD 8570 IAT II or IAT III (Any of: GSEC, Security+, SCNP, SSCP, CISA, SCNA, CISSP, or GCIH)
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP Certification preferred
- Current or previous indoctrination to Sensitive Compartmented Information.
- Experience working in a DoD environment.
The Ventura Group, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other non-merit factor.