Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
Certified Wound, Ostomy & Continence RN
- Job Title
- Certified Wound, Ostomy & Continence RN
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75203
- Other Location
Certified Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurse (RN) job, Full-Time, Days, Methodist Dallas Hospital
Methodist Dallas Medical Center is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to join the Methodist Team. This is for a full-time job opportunity.
In this highly technical, fast-paced, and challenging nursing position, the Certified Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Registered Nurse will collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for our Wound Care patients in advanced facilities. The primary purpose of the Certified Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Registered Nurse position is: The licensed and certified CWOCN BS RN renders professional and technical Wound, Ostomy, and continence nursing to patients. The CWOCN provides direct and indirect patient care using the nursing process (evaluation, treatment planning and implementation, ongoing re-assessment and discharge planning).
Certified Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurse Job Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate professional nursing program required.
- Current BCLS
- CWOCN certification by Wound, Ostomy Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB) or pursuit of certification within 1 year.
- Current Texas RN license
- High level of energy and motivation
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision following probation period
- Work Experience: Two (2) years recent, relevant nursing experience as licensed BS RN
Certified Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Assuring the Program objectives are successfully implemented and coordinated for all wound, ostomy and continence issues including but not limited to wound, ostomy and continence skin issue assessment, plan of care development, coordination of care, and discharge planning for patients with wound, ostomy and continence issues.
- Assists Wound Committee in development of Standards of Practice for managing patients with wounds, ostomy and incontinence issues.
- Works with educators to educate and train the nursing staff on wound assessment, treatments, reporting and documentation of progress.
- Works directly and in collaboration with the physicians and coordinates schedule with team members appropriately and efficiently as part of the Wound Care Team for MHS.
- Responsible for relationships with wound, ostomy and continence care product vendors, central supply services, and other MHS wound care teams and projects as they relate to inpatient and outpatient Wound Care Program.
- Maintains approved National Specialty Certification and advanced training in this clinical specialty. This role is expected to support the vision, mission, and strategic plan and goals for MHS.
- Uphold and adhere to the hospitals policies and procedures.
- Responsible for any other assigned responsibilities.
Methodist Dallas Medical Center is one of North Texas’ best places to work. And it just gets better. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence and the flagship hospital of Methodist Health System, Methodist Dallas is a 556-bed teaching and referral hospital and home to one of only three Level I Trauma Centers in Dallas County. We are a certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and have highly rated adult liver, kidney, and pancreas transplant programs. Celebrating more than 90 years of service, Methodist Dallas strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
- Magnet®-designated hospital
- Grade A Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group®
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
- First in the U.S. certified by The Joint Commission for pancreatic surgery and pancreatitis
- First in Texas certified for pancreatic cancer
- Hip and knee joint replacement programs certified by The Joint Commission
- Chest Pain – MI Registry™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award by the American College of Cardiology for excellence in heart attack care.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist