Housekeeper- Hotel Galvez
- Job Title
- Housekeeper- Hotel Galvez
- Job ID
- Galveston, TX
- Other Location
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Manager
The Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining clean and attractive guestrooms while providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests.
Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
· Thoroughly clean guestrooms according to standards.
· Complete all pre-cleaning duties, including but not limited to, guest supplies, cleaning supplies, and linen for housekeeping cart set-up.
· Remove all trash and dirty linen from guestrooms and hallways.
· Keep all hallways, public areas and closets clean, neat and vacuumed (if applicable).
· Restock housekeeping cleaning cart for next day's use.
· Replenish chemical bottles.
· Clean room with the door closed according to standards, unless requested to do otherwise by the guest.
· Report all missing items from room (i.e., irons/boards, hair dryers, etc.) to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
· Report any maintenance repairs immediately to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
· Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to the standards.
Ensure overall guest satisfaction.