JIRACOR is an ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100:2016 Rev D registered SBA 8(a) company
enabling affordability, effectiveness, and global mission readiness.
Principal Software Engineer
- Job Title
- Principal Software Engineer
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL
- Other Location
Principal Software Engineer
Orlando, FL 32826
Works independently and acts as technical consultant or project leader on complex software engineering assignments. Provides technical guidance and leadership. Provides project coordination and supervision. Coordinates activities for proposals/new business. Defines budget and schedule constraints. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs
- Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations
- Participates in the design, development, planning, modification and/or improvement of software operational systems
- Researches programming system failures and designs and programs solutions
- Performs complex analysis of design programming
- Performs system analysis
- Conceptualizes, develops and analyzes engineering designs, specifications and test plans for systems and equipment based on customer/contract requirements
- Researches design concepts and feasibility utilizing advanced technical theory and knowledge
- Coordinates and contributes to compilation and writing of proposal documents
- Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, schedule and technical approaches
- Recommends test control, strategies, apparatus and equipment
- Defines test schedules and test data requirements. Tests software and documents results
- Prepares development software, codes software and designs specific enhancements
- Maintains liaison with customer, subcontractor and vendor representatives
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
- Conducts in-house design reviews and technical meetings
- Makes presentations before management and customers
- Monitors project status and progress and measures system performance
- Manages budget and schedule for software engineering tasks
- Keeps abreast of improvements in software engineering
- Identifies software engineering process improvements, and supports the execution of them across the organization
- Participates in total quality management/continuous process improvement teams
- Assumes additional technical responsibilities as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Four-year college degree in computer science, computer engineering or other related technical discipline plus a minimum of eight years of related experience or a master’s degree with six years of related experience.
- Experience to include software development/engineering, providing technical direction and leadership to software engineering projects and team members.
- Ability to interpret technical contract requirements.
- May require ability to develop software in a Unix (Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, Solaris), Windows Server 2003/2008/Vista/XP/Windows 7/8 and up, Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) or other PC or virtual environment.
- May require experience with embedded processing.
- Ability to use PC software such as Microsoft Word/Project/Visio, database, spreadsheet and flowchart, and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, interface with customers, subcontractors and vendors.
- Must be able to solve complex and difficult engineering problems. Knowledge of customer needs and competing products desirable.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally to include working odd hours, in-line with customer requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed, and perform special projects as assigned.
JIRACOR, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
This job is contingent upon contract award.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
News & Announcements
- JIRACOR – 2018 Success Stories Honoree in Central Florida
- Immersive Game-Based Training Courseware Contract Opens Bid Door for JIRACOR
- JIRACOR Awarded sub-contract for new US Army laser training system
- JIRACOR Awarded SBA 8(a) Certification
- JIRACOR has received ISO 9001:2015 & AS9100 Rev D Certification
Commitment to Quality
We are here to provide
the best possible support for you.
3275 Progress Drive
Orlando, FL 32826