Front Desk Manager
- Job Title
- Front Desk Manager
- Job ID
- Galveston, TX
- Other Location
FRONT DESK MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: Guest Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
The Front Desk Manager is responsible for providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests, prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
· College course work in related field helpful.
· Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
· Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to stand during entire shift.
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
· Comply with company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
· Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
· Monitor all VIP and special guest requests.
· Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
· Fully comprehend and operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
· Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
· Be aware of all rates, packages, and promotions currently underway as listed in the Red Book.
· Be familiar with all in-house groups.
· Be aware of all closed out and restricted dates.
· Follow and enforce all hotel credit policies.
· Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report have been accurately done and filed.
· Maintain proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that all standards are met, if applicable.
· Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
· Ensure that employees are following and maintaining standards (i.e., answering phones, callbacks to guests, guest request log).
· Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
· Oversee and ensure that all guests are checked in/out in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
· Be able to perform, complete and ensure that all tasks and duties on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
· Responsible for issued house bank.
· Be able to perform all duties of Front Office Agent.
· Run room status reports in a timely manner and relay necessary information to affected departments and individuals.
· Monitor key control to maintain hotel security.
· Ensure the maximization of room revenue through Rooms Merchandising.
· Answer all guest inquiries in a timely and professional nature.
· Be involved in departmental meeting, planning and execution.
· Help maintain productivity levels at or above budgeted standards.
· Run all necessary reports for senior management and inform them of any crisis situations.
· Complete staff scheduling and monitoring of hours in the timekeeping system.
· Assist in training and cross training of new hires and current employees on a regular basis.