Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
- Job Title
- Ultrasound Technologist
- Job ID
- Lake City, FL
- Other Location
The Ultrasound Technologist is critical to the overall performance and efficiency of the imaging center. This position works directly with patients to capture images and scans of internal organs in accordance with physician orders.
- Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic sonography examinations.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Calculates and selects proper technical factors and probes based on patient age, physical condition and suspected or confirmed pathology.
- Processing sonographic images and evaluating them for technical quality.
- Analyses sonographic information, medical history and communicates findings to the appropriate physician.
- Maintain logs of patients for billing purposes.
- Educating patient and families regarding the examination process to ensure comfort and comprehension.
- Obtaining clinical history of patient’s condition.
- Provide caring responses to patient and families questions and concerns.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly clinic to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in the clinic.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as necessary.
- Current CPR certification.
- Completion of an accredited program for Ultrasound Sonographers.
- ARRT or ARDMS registration in current standings
- RDMS credentials preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Ultrasound Technologist
- Prior experience in an urology environment, ideal experience:RUS/TRUS of the prostate, abdomen, and scrotum
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.