Careers at Vigene
Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Vigene Biosciences is a rapidly growing company that strives to be a leading manufacturer of viral vectors. We are proud to support researchers at any stage of development: from basic research, to animal studies, to clinical trials and commercialization. Our diverse customer base includes scientists all across the world from academia, government organizations, research institutes, biotechnology companies, and pharmaceutical companies.
We are passionate about our mission to help support scientists advance their biomedical research and ultimately to make gene therapy affordable and available to those in need. As we continue to grow, we are always looking for talented people to join our team who share our passion. We value our employees as important contributors to our mission, so we provide opportunities for career growth and encourage employees to develop new skills so they can grow with our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vigene Biosciences is an EEO/AA employer. Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your request and contact information. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be acknowledged from this email address. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Healthcare benefits (Medical and Dental/Vision Insurance)
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance
- 100% Company Paid Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Floating Holidays and Sick Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Safe Harbor Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dependent Care and Commuter/Transit FSA
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Competitive Salary and Performance Bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Work-Life Balance
- Fun, collaborative environment
Manufacturing Associate I – Central Services
- Job Title
- Manufacturing Associate I – Central Services
- Rockville, MD 20850
- Other Location
Department: Facilities & Engineering
Reports to: Senior Manager, Manufacturing Central Support Services
Location: Rockville, MD
Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an award winning CDMO that provides viral vector-based gene delivery services and products for research and clinical applications. We are proud to support scientists at any stage of research: from basic research, to animal studies, to clinical trials and commercialization. Our diverse customer base includes thousands of scientists all across the world from academia, government organizations, research institutes, biotechnology companies, and pharmaceutical companies.
Manufacturing Associate I - Central Services supports manufacturing leaders and shared services support-function leaders to drive the Company's overall and operational goals. The Associate will conduct aseptic support services for manufacturing. Working well as a collaborative member of the Company's broader manufacturing team is imperative to success in the role, as is the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment where systems and processes are still being developed and maturing. Areas of support are in Aseptic Manufacturing, Buffer Preparation, Equipment set up, Material request and staging, and Autoclave activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively seek ways to improve efficiencies throughout the end-to-end manufacturing process.
- Comply with KPIs to continuously measure the efficiency of the Manufacturing Central Services.
- Assess and implement improvements to existing Manufacturing Central Services and standardize best practices across manufacturing activities (Plasmid & Viral Vector).
- Collaborate with supply chain in support services for all GMP manufacturing of Plasmids and Viral Vectors. This includes Buffer Preparation, Autoclaving equipment, Material request and Staging, Equipment Set up, and flexibility to complete tasks as needed.
- Understand health and safety standards and local regulatory requirements to ensure all processes comply; also provide thorough training to central services employees on these topics.
- Train on all on procedures and equipment relevant to central service support activities, safety standards, and industry trends.
- Ensure safety and health, product safety, product quality, and sustainability are appropriately into every project.
- Participate in preventative maintenance programs to optimize equipment performance.
- Support ad hoc projects, as needed
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Other Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2+ years of experience in manufacturing, preferably in a highly regulated environment
- Experience operating in an aseptic environment.
- Working knowledge of cGMP in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Authorized to legally work in the United States without visa sponsorship
Physical Requirements/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this position the employee is frequently required to stand and walk and stoop or kneel; and regularly required to sit, reach; communicate clearly and effectively.
- Will be expected to work all shifts in a 24 hours per day, 7 days per week environment
Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.
We have established multiple policies to protect our employees' health & safety while allowing essential operations to continue following social-distancing & PPE guidelines. Non-essential departments are working remotely and/or working alternative hours.
- Required Skills