Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
Lead Radiation Therapist
- Job Title
- Lead Radiation Therapist
- Job ID
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Other Location
Position is with Gamma West Cancer Services.
Lead a team of Radiation Therapists in the administration of prescribed doses of radiation to specific body parts, using radiation therapy equipment according to established practices and standards.
· Responsible for hiring and managing Associates for assigned team. Ensure all staff members receive training, support and development to achieve company and professional goals.
· Maintains staff by orienting, and training employees using the New Team Member Checklist.
· Maintains staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
· Responsible for overseeing and directing all activities of the radiation therapists.
· Assists the Center and Market Leader to develop, implement and update policies and procedures, in addition to standards of operation in compliance with NRC, state, and e+ CancerCare guidelines. Assures compliance with standards set forth.
· Monitors supply levels and coordinate all service / maintenance on clinical equipment.
· Compiles monthly and other special statistics.
· Reviews, analyzes and maintains appropriate staffing and scheduling
· Identifies and plans for continuing education opportunities.
· Consults with dosimetrist about inconsistent or problematic set-ups.
· Assists in coordination of chart rounds and timely review of portal images with the Radiation Oncologists.
· Administer radiation therapy as prescribed by the physician.
· Display professional conduct essential to the well being of the radiation oncology patient.
· Maintain accurate and detailed treatment chart documentation.
· Adhere to radiation safety procedure protocol.
· Work closely with the radiation Oncologist and the therapy team in the preparation of a treatment plan.
· Provides appropriate teaching to patients and families.
· Attend department staff meetings, radiation safety committee meetings, and other meetings as necessary.
· Adhere to the Radiation Therapist Code of Ethics.
· Regular attendance and punctuality.
· Ability to be on call.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
· Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Minimum five years of experience as radiation therapist.
· Graduate of an accredited school of radiologic technology and/or radiation therapy technology.
· Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Radiation Therapy.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends, as necessary)
· Two or more years experience as a supervising lead therapist.
· Bachelor of Science in related field.
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.