Careers at Vigene
Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Vigene Biosciences is a rapidly growing company that strives to be a leading manufacturer of viral vectors. We are proud to support researchers at any stage of development: from basic research, to animal studies, to clinical trials and commercialization. Our diverse customer base includes scientists all across the world from academia, government organizations, research institutes, biotechnology companies, and pharmaceutical companies.
We are passionate about our mission to help support scientists advance their biomedical research and ultimately to make gene therapy affordable and available to those in need. As we continue to grow, we are always looking for talented people to join our team who share our passion. We value our employees as important contributors to our mission, so we provide opportunities for career growth and encourage employees to develop new skills so they can grow with our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vigene Biosciences is an EEO/AA employer. Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your request and contact information. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be acknowledged from this email address. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Healthcare benefits (Medical and Dental/Vision Insurance)
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance
- 100% Company Paid Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Floating Holidays and Sick Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Safe Harbor Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dependent Care and Commuter/Transit FSA
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Competitive Salary and Performance Bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Work-Life Balance
- Fun, collaborative environment
Supply Chain Associate I
- Job Title
- Supply Chain Associate I
- Rockville, MD 20850
- Other Location
Department: Facilities & Engineering
Reports to: Director, Facilities & Central Services
Location: Rockville, MD
Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an award winning CDMO that provides viral vector-based gene delivery services and products for research and clinical applications. We are proud to support scientists at any stage of research: from basic research, to animal studies, to clinical trials and commercialization. Our diverse customer base includes thousands of scientists all across the world from academia, government organizations, research institutes, biotechnology companies, and pharmaceutical companies.
Supply Chain Associate I will receive all incoming materials and maintain inventory of controlled and non-controlled materials. Maintain records, track GMP materials required for various client projects. Supply Chain Associate will also interact with Manufacturing and QA/QC Departments for GMP materials release.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive controlled materials and all incoming materials following established procedures. Ensure all materials are received and stored in controlled materials storage locations to ensure cGMP compliance.
- Drive Vigene Biosciences’ company truck and transport GMP materials between various Vigene Biosciences sites.
- Check and maintain sufficient inventory of common stock materials required at Vigene and submit request in Quartzy when inventory is low.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in daily activities.
- Pick and Distribute controlled materials to manufacturing following FEFO and complete the required documentation. Keep all materials storage areas in good shape.
- Perform Cycle counting and implement Cycle counting best practices at Vigene and ensure Inventory is correct all the time. Perform yearly cycle counting and ensure inventory is correct.
- Ensure all expired materials from Inventory are pulled out from inventory each month and discarded following established procedure.
- Track overdue materials and component shortages for various client Projects in BOM excel sheet and work with procurement to successfully resolve the documentation required and request Certificates or any other required documentation with Vigene Biosciences Suppliers.
- Pick and stage GMP materials requested by Manufacturing, tech transfer, Plasmid, or other departments.
- Update BOM excel sheet for various client Projects as materials are received and released.
- Additional duties as requested
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Other Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required with some GMP experience
- Be detail-oriented, a self-starter, able to multi-task, possess excellent interpersonal communications skills, and have outstanding organizational skills.
- Valid driver license with good driving record required.
- Authorized to legally work in the United States without visa sponsorship
Physical Requirements/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Be able to work flexible hours and on weekends when required. Available for on-call as needed.
- Standing, sitting, pushing, pulling, walking
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.
We have established multiple policies to protect our employees' health & safety while allowing essential operations to continue following social-distancing & PPE guidelines. Non-essential departments are working remotely and/or working alternative hours.
- Required Skills