Senior Software Developer, Applications
- Job Title
- Senior Software Developer, Applications
- Job ID
- Dayton, OH 20166
- Other Location
Position: Senior Software Developer, Applications
Location: Remote/Remote but able to travel to WPAFB
Contract to Hire Details : 6month Contract to Hire
Conversion Salary: 110k
Mandatory Job Requirements:
Must have an IASAE Level I certification below OR 40 hours of current annual cyber training (completed annually) CASP+ce, CISSP or CSSLP · Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship. · Ability to obtain a favorably completed DoD Tier 1 investigation (Formerly known as National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI)). An in-scope Tier 3 (Secret) or Tier 5 (Top Secret) adjudicated investigation will meet the requirement. o HIGHLY DESIRED - an existing IT-II level investigation for IT-II level designation. An in-scope Tier 3 (Secret) or Tier 5 (Top Secret) adjudicated investigation will meet this requirement. o Ability to obtain a favorably completed IT-II level designation (equivalent to a Secret clearance investigation but without the clearance).
Falcon IT is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will provide support services for all aspects of the Reliability and Maintainability Information System. The software development process, including initial planning, design, software development and coding, prototyping, auditable documentation, testing, and configuration. The Program is a web-based data system for collecting, validating, editing, processing, integrating, standardizing and reporting equipment maintenance data.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in transitioning from a Waterfall approach to an Agile (DevSecOps) Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) methodology.
- Ensure software development will use Agile, test-driven development principles, with robust documentation, user centered design, and an extensible infrastructure.
- Sustain REMIS effective, efficient operational capability and availability.
- Design, develop, test, and integrate system and software changes.
- Maintain application software and COTS software.
- Perform application and system software maintenance.
- Design, develop, test and package changes to system and software.
- Develop, operate and maintain prototype applications, models and databases to determine optimal solutions.
- Perform system performance tuning and integration services.
- Responsible for the design, testing, deployment and sustainment of systems and application platforms.
- Duties include capturing user requirements; performing coding and data modeling, testing, quality assurance, software configuration management, design, and program documentation; build and deploy, implementation; and maintaining interoperability/integration between systems
Basic Required Qualifications:
Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when applying for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
At start date must possess training certificate(s) demonstrating a minimum of 40 hours cyber training within the past year OR an Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) Level I Certification.
*CASP +CE (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner with Continuing Education)
*CISSP (or Associate) (Certified Information System Security Professional)
*CSSLP (Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience designing, presenting business logic and data access code for complex web application architectures.
- Senior level experience with:
- Relational database: Oracle SQL and Oracle PL/SQL
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in designing, analyzing, integrating, troubleshooting and optimizing distributed systems using agile lifecycle management and engineering practices. Agile experience requirements can be offset with extensive REMIS software development experience.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Ability to obtain a favorably completed DoD Tier 1 investigation (Formerly known as National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI)). An in-scope Tier 3 (Secret) or Tier 5 (Top Secret) adjudicated investigation will meet the requirement.
- HIGHLY DESIRED - an existing IT-II level investigation for IT-II level designation. An in-scope Tier 3 (Secret) or Tier 5 (Top Secret) adjudicated investigation will meet this requirement.
- Ability to obtain a favorably completed IT-II level designation (equivalent to a Secret clearance investigation but without the clearance).
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
It is desirable that the Senior Software Developer has the following qualifications:
- 7+ years’ in designing, analyzing, integrating, testing and documenting distributed mission systems using agile lifecycle management and engineering practices, DevOps and CI/CD Pipeline processes.
- 5+ years’ experience in facilitating Vision and Product Portfolio Management sessions and developing and documenting artifacts; i.e. Portfolio Backlogs of Epics, architecture features and business capability features in Jira Portfolio Boards; features mapping to user stories; developing Product
- Roadmaps and Product Backlogs of user stories, tasks and non-functional product backlog items In Jira Scrum Boards with Product Owners and developing Release Plans for release increments.
- Professional Scrum Master certification highly desired.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.