Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
Payment Posting Supervisor
- Job Title
- Payment Posting Supervisor
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37205
- Other Location
Job Purpose: The payment poster supervisor will be responsible for managing the daily operations of payment posting of all revenue generated by the billing department, and in engaged in all efforts of interacting, communicating, and building relationship and developing employees. The position will be the key person in organizing, scheduling, and monitoring the daily operations of the area. This position will be responsible for anticipating resource needs to meet objectives and implements appropriate process.
- Monitors staff workload to ensure all assigned clinics are completed accurately and productively.
- Performs audits to ensure all duties are performed.
- Ensures staff adhere to standard operating procedures.
- Assists with issue resolution.
· Post all payments and adjustments: ensures all payments and adjustments are balanced on a daily basis
· Resolves any deposits that are unable to be posted to include no tickets left unsettled
· Review manual and electronic explanation of benefits to assure proper posting
· Refers claim resolution issues to the appropriate area
· Works closely with front office in regards to their deposits
· Alert supervisor of collection problems noticed
· Ability to maintain a high volume of payments within a 48 hour work window
· Must be able to work at a fast pace, and troubleshoot payment problems with minimal supervision and also interact with payers professionally
· Ability to work overtime/stay late for end of the month close process if needed
· Post refunds in the billing system as received from Accounts Payable
· Perform any outstanding conveyance as distributed by supervisor
· Working closely with management to meet goals, develop new techniques, policies and procedures
· Regular attendance and punctuality.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
· Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· At least 3 – 5 years’ experience with accounting/payment posting in a health care setting with complete understanding of EOBs
· Working knowledge of electronic billing/collections software (preferably Centricity)
· Ability to read and explain insurance explanation of benefits
· Experience with computerized billing software
· Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid payment posting/explanation of benefits
Ability to work in a team environment and enjoy multi-job functions. Strong Business and Organizational Competence. Exceptional Customer Service Skills. Strong functional Competence. Interpersonal Skill Competency. Stress Tolerance. Initiative. Adaptability. Accountability. Integrity. Self-Confidence. Time Management Skills with an emphasis on multi-tasking.
Physical Demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking and hearing. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Work environment: Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.