Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
AR Specialist I
- Job Title
- AR Specialist I
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75203
- Other Location
AR Specialist ICENTRAL BUSINESS OFFICE
METHODIST HEALTH SYSTEM
DALLAS, TX, 75265-5999
Full-time · Day · 8:00a-4:30p
Req # 20058237
Working with one or more account receivables management system modules including but not limited to billing, claim corrections, reconciliation, payment posting, refunds/credit balances, customer service, and follow-up in accordance with the departmental protocol with an emphasis on maximizing customer satisfaction and profitability. Also depending upon assigned role you may be responsible for reviewing claim information to ensure accuracy and provide feedback to the clinical and non-clinical areas regarding claim errors and/or denials, and for providing cross coverage for areas not primarily assigned as required to ensure efficient and professional operations and maximum patient satisfaction.
Your Job Requirements:
- High school Diploma or Equivalent required
- 3 years Collection experience is required.
Your Job Responsibilities
- Proficiency with one or more assigned receivables' management system modules including but not limited to patient registration, charge entry, coding, claims processing, collections, reports, and patient information inquiry.
- Works all cases assigned to a Work Queue at the time of entry to ensure corrections and provide feedback to other areas and to ensure timely reimbursement.
- Provide customer service both on the telephone and in the office for all patients and authorized representatives regarding patient accounts in accordance with office protocol. Customer calls regarding accounts receivable should be returned within 2 business days to ensure maximum patient satisfaction.
- Follows-up on all assigned returned claims, correspondence, denials, account reconciliations and rebills within five working days of receipt to achieve maximum reimbursement in a timely manner with an emphasis on patient satisfaction.
- Provides feedback to Management regarding claims issues of incorrect and/or missing information, which includes failure to get authorization at registration.
- Review and resolution of all assigned payer correspondence.
- Health care terminology surrounding medical diagnostic and procedural coding.
- Experience with contract language preferred.
- High-quality math skills necessary.
- Ability to identify trends and variances.
- Microsoft Office software experience required.
- Other duties as assigned.