- Job Title
- Cloud Engineer
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Location: Remote(Local DC area)
Active DOD TSC Required
Remote - Client is seeking a professional Cloud Engineer to support a Department of Defense (DoD) customer located in Washington, D.C., and Fort Detrick, MD. This position is considered a remote/telework position and may require occasional travel to the customer site.
The Cloud Engineer will be responsible for cloud migration planning, implementation, and sustainment to include setup and configuration of the servers, networks, and related utilities and hardware that comprise the cloud infrastructure. The engineer will support Software as a service (SaaS), Platform as a service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud platforms using a DoD-approved cloud strategy that utilizes a multi-vendor, multi-cloud approach. The customer requires the migration and ongoing support of approximately 60 virtual servers, nearly 50 applications (COTS & GOTS) and databases to an approved cloud provider.
Cloud Engineer Responsibilities
- Support the design, implementation, and management of the cloud-based systems
- Supports a 24x7x365 environment that may require on-call support
- Develop and implement technical efforts to design, build, and deploy applications in a cloud architecture
- Develop and implement cloud-applications to support automated operations and maintenance
- Migrate virtual servers and COTS/GOTS applications, enterprise systems and databases to preferred cloud architecture/environment
- Maintain and approve cybersecurity protocols of operating systems/applications in the cloud architecture
- Plan/prepare for and execute Cloud Migration of applications, databases, and servers and sustain ongoing performance baseline
- Establish connectivity to cloud environments to Production and development sites.
- Document cloud architectures that make the best use of available, value-added cloud services.
- Role reports to the Team Lead or Project Manager
- Responsibilities will include additional duties as deemed necessary
Cloud Engineer Requirements
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
- Bachelor of Science in IT, Computer Science, Cloud Computing, or similar
- 5+ years of relevant professional IT experience including multiple cloud platforms
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification (or ability to obtain)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack or equivalent cloud certification