Careers at Vigene
Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Vigene Biosciences is a rapidly growing company that strives to be a leading manufacturer of viral vectors. We are proud to support researchers at any stage of development: from basic research, to animal studies, to clinical trials and commercialization. Our diverse customer base includes scientists all across the world from academia, government organizations, research institutes, biotechnology companies, and pharmaceutical companies.
We are passionate about our mission to help support scientists advance their biomedical research and ultimately to make gene therapy affordable and available to those in need. As we continue to grow, we are always looking for talented people to join our team who share our passion. We value our employees as important contributors to our mission, so we provide opportunities for career growth and encourage employees to develop new skills so they can grow with our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vigene Biosciences is an EEO/AA employer. Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know your request and contact information. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be acknowledged from this email address. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Healthcare benefits (Medical and Dental/Vision Insurance)
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance
- 100% Company Paid Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Floating Holidays and Sick Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Safe Harbor Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dependent Care and Commuter/Transit FSA
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Competitive Salary and Performance Bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Work-Life Balance
- Fun, collaborative environment
Customer & Technical Support Scientist
- Job Title
- Customer & Technical Support Scientist
- Rockville, MD 20850
- Other Location
Department: Customer Support
Reports to: Manager, Customer Service & Scientific Support
Location: Rockville, MD
Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an award winning CDMO that provides viral vector-based gene delivery services and products for research and clinical applications. We are proud to support scientists at any stage of research: from basic research, to animal studies, to clinical trials and commercialization. Our diverse customer base includes thousands of scientists all across the world from academia, government organizations, research institutes, biotechnology companies, and pharmaceutical companies.
Processes and manages incoming customer inquiries and orders for Vigene’s research-grade division. This includes quote writing, communicating with customers, and providing technical support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with customers in order to generate quotes for all research-grade services and products
- Intake and organize all customer information necessary for placing orders
- Provide status updates to customers on open orders
- Assist with other customer service-related tasks, such as shipping and purchasing, as needed
- Provide technical support on AAV, lentivirus, and adenovirus services and products
- Provide pre-sale consultation and post-sale technical assistance for all products and services, including AAV, lentivirus, adenovirus, custom cloning, ORF cDNA clones, CRISPR, and other related products and services
- Help with the interpretation and analysis of customer data, suggest technical tips, and provide troubleshooting protocols for using company products
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- B.S. in Biological Sciences or related field is a MUST, M.S. or Ph.D. in Biological Sciences or related field are preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel)
- Good critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Well-organized and able to manage multiple projects
- Independent working skills
- Ability to handle the dynamic, fast-paced, and multi-tasking environment of a rapidly growing biotech company
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with scientists of different backgrounds and experience levels
- Authorized to legally work in the United States without visa sponsorship
Physical Requirements/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Ability to work from our Rockville, MD site - this is not a remote position
- Standing, sitting, pushing, pulling, walking
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.
We have established multiple policies to protect our employees' health & safety while allowing essential operations to continue following social-distancing & PPE guidelines. Non-essential departments are working remotely and/or working alternative hours.
- Required Skills