- Job Title
- VDI Admin
- Job ID
- Tyndall AFB, FL 32940
- Other Location
Position: VDI Admin
Contract Duration: 4 months
Location: Tyndall AFB, FL
Supporting the Air Force
Falcon ITSS is seeking a Virtualization Administrator who is responsible for performing installation, operations, and maintenance of a VMware vSphere/Horizon View environment. The position works closely with storage, network, messaging, active directory, and configuration management teams. Position requires a strong security focus and a team player. Microsoft or VMWare certifications are highly desired.
· Build, configure and maintain large VMware vSphere/Horizon View environments.
· Able to manage and troubleshoot MS Active Directory and MS Office 365 services.
· Provide local and remote diagnostics and technical issue resolution.
· Provide outstanding customer service by interacting directly with clients on client issues.
· Communicate issues and recommendations back to leadership in a clear, concise manner.
· Support other functional teams on a regular basis.
· Provide onsite client service as required.
· Perform taskings and work with a Sr. Systems Engineer/Architect for escalated issues.
· 3 years experience working with VMware vSphere 6.X.
· 5+ years experience working in systems administration with a strong background in Windows and Active Directory
· Candidate must be certified in accordance with DoD 8570 IAT Level II approved baseline certifications prior to start date.
· Strong understanding of networking and storage concepts
· A strong troubleshooting mindset
Occasional weekend or shift work may be required.
· VMware Certified Professional