Senior Creative Copywriter - Majority Strategies - Full - Time
- Job Title
- Senior Creative Copywriter - Majority Strategies - Full - Time
- Job ID
Majority Strategies is excited to be recruiting for an experienced copywriter that can create the emotional connection between client and consumer, constituent or voter, to educate, persuade and motivate. This position will be housed in Jacksonville, Florida. Due to the collaborative nature of the role, there is not a remote option at this time.
Position Overview: The incumbent for this position with report to the creative copywriter. This job is about more than writing. This job is about creating. As a member of this hard-working and driven creative company, no two days will be the same. You'll need to be quick, both quick-witted and quick to learn. You'll work fast under tight deadlines without losing sight of the goal, the grammar or your sense of humor. You'll take criticism like a champ and view it as an opportunity to learn. You'll assume the client’s voice as fast as you can explain the difference between it's and its. You'll never run out of ideas, and you'll never settle. You'll learn. You'll adapt. You'll grow as a creative copywriter.
- Creativity: You will need to create original work and develop ideas around your chosen themes
- Writing: You will need to write with proper tone, feeling, sentence structure and emotion
- Persuasion: You will be expected to write compelling print, digital, and mobile work that persuades and motives readers to take action
- Collaboration: You will work with strategists and graphic designers to create content for a wide variety of platforms including but not limited to: direct mail, landing pages, websites, blogs, social media, banner ads, brochures, yard signs and bill boards
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of professional experience in advertising, marketing, communications, direct mail or digital copy writing
- The ability to craft everything from clever headlines to engaging long-form copy
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail
- A proven commitment to hard work and collaboration even when under the pressure of tight deadlines or multiple assignments
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of current marketing and political trends and culture
- Experience with political or policy clients and understanding their unique needs a significant plus
- Proven track record of success in time sensitive, project oriented professional environment
- B.S. or B.A. in Journalism, English, Creative Writing, or Political Science preferred
About the Company: Majority Strategies is a full-service data, digital and print agency. We have extensive experience solving problems and influencing public opinion to create a desired outcome for clients.