Dexter is a world leader in developing and producing safe, reliable trailer components for the markets we serve – all thanks to our exceptional team of employees. We give you the chance to be part of a growing company dedicated to quality products and superior customer service. We give you the chance to make a difference.
- Job Title
- Production Supervisor
- Job ID
- Shawnee, OK 74801
- Other Location
Hiring Immediately! Production, Construction, Manufacturing, and General Laborer industry workers encouraged to apply today in Shawnee, OK
Are you someone who enjoys a career where you can make a lasting impact? Does the thought of working with a team of all-stars crafting high quality products excite you? If you’re an individual who takes immense pride in the quality of work you produce and have a personal commitment to safety, you should apply to join our team as a Production Supervisor!
We currently have an open opportunity for a 1st shift Production Supervisor in our Shawnee facility.
Our Production Supervisor will oversee the production operations and assure that manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring employees and organizing workflow. In a fast-paced environment like production, the supervisor is an integral part of the manufacturing process; this requires optimizing day to day activities while minimizing the costs. The goal is to ensure that production processes deliver products of maximum quality in a profitable manner.
Production Supervisors are responsible for the following:
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- Participates in recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities
- Participating in plant safety, health and environmental programs and ensuring a safe working environment.
- Supporting the development and deployment of the Operating System (DOS)
- Supporting the systems to report Key Process Indicators (KPI’s), conducting the standard meetings and driving the identification of abnormalities, discovering root causes and problem solving to present recurrence
- Managing production schedules to achieve 100% customer satisfaction
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Ensuring quality procedures are followed and achieving 100% on time delivery
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and personnel requirements; implementing change
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Performing other tasks, duties or special projects as directed.
Why You’ll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits)
We offer a competitive salary along with comprehensive benefits. Our benefits package includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) plan with company contributions
What We Need from You (Our Requirements)
- Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a comparable technical discipline and at least 6 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Of the 6 years, must have 3 years of supervisory experience at a similar size manufacturing facility within a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Must also have experience leading a team working in a continuous improvement organizational culture such as Six Sigma, the Toyota Production System or other lean manufacturing methodologies. Automotive or transportation sector experience a plus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Text "DEXTER" to 25000 to Apply!!
We are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.