Medical Device Security Analyst
- Job Title
- Medical Device Security Analyst
- Job ID
- Work From Home,
- Other Location
About the Role
As a Medical Device Security Analyst, you will support the Medical Device Security Team and their clients in assessing, developing, and implementing comprehensive medical device security programs and vulnerability assessment and remediation. This will include working with the clients’ technical staff and medical device teams to understand specific risks related to the use of medical devices so that remediation plans and security programs can be customized to address risks found in unique environments.
The Ideal Candidate
Someone who can assist in medical device security risk assessments and develop vulnerability management strategies. You will also help develop processes and associated documentation in support of developing clients’ medical device security programs. Additionally, be able to write and deliver reports detailing your findings and associated recommendations for medical device security program development. Successfully achieve high levels of client satisfaction on all engagements by achieving client expectations set by engagement leaders and project managers.
· Bachelor's degree in business, technology, or information security-related field or equivalent work experience with medical devices and/or information security is a plus.
· 1+ years’ experience with medical devices in a healthcare environment including lifecycle phases – procurement, inventory and installation, ongoing support and maintenance, incident response, and end-of-life management.
· 1+ years’ experience with information security-related practices including incident response, risk assessment/analysis, and risk management.
· Cursory knowledge of medical device cybersecurity principles and documentation (e.g. MDS2, FDA, AAMI, ICS-CERT reports, etc.).
· Experience writing technical reports and presenting to non-technical audiences.
· Relevant risk and/or security certification(s) required (CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CHPS, or equivalent).
· Comfortable working in ambiguous and/or undefined situations.
· Must be available for regular travel.
CynergisTek is a top-ranked cybersecurity and information management consulting firm dedicated to serving the healthcare industry. CynergisTek offers specialized services and solutions to help organizations achieve privacy, security, compliance, and document output goals. Since 2004, the company has served as a partner to hundreds of healthcare organizations and is dedicated to supporting and educating the industry by contributing to relevant industry associations.
CynergisTek is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. EOE/M/F/D/V.
CCPA Privacy Notice