- Job Title
- Software Developer
- Job ID
- Burlington, MA 1803
- Other Location
Position: Software Developer
Location: Lexington, MA – Hanscom Airforce Base
Clearance: Top Secret Security Clearance or inactive TOP SECRET clearance if inactive for less than 1.5 years
Salary: $90K to $140K, commensurate with experience
Telecommute: Partial, but must be located in MA
Falcon IT is seeking a Software Developer to join our client's team in supporting one of this country's premier defense research organizations. The right candidate will join a team that specializes in advanced network and communications systems development, with a focus on tactical mobile, military airborne networks of the future. A combination of technical analysis, modeling, simulation, emulation, prototype development, and flight evaluation is used to develop new communication systems and evaluate and predict their performance under expected
• Extensive experience in software design, development, integration, testing and analysis.
• Able to thrive in a rapid-prototyping environment with fast design-debug cycles, will
build networked applications and network protocols for tactical systems.
• Python, C/C++ and/or Java are the primary languages for development. Candidates that
have strong skills in 2 out of 3 languages are preferred.
• Strong background in software development of network protocols such as IP routing,
multicast, transport layer protocols and socket programming is required.
• Development experience in a native Linux environment is required. Linux kernel
networking and Linux OS networking configuration experience is preferred.
• Candidate should be local and available to go onsite as needed. It will be partial remote
in the long term.
• Experience in message-oriented and distributed systems
• Experience in military or DoD wireless communications
• Experience in network modeling and simulation using tools such as EMANE, CORE,
• Experience in network protocol design, network performance monitoring
• Experience in modern Dev Ops procedures using git, ansible, packaging, CI/CD tools
• Experience in radio communications concepts (software-defined radios, MAC, physical
• One year minimum of relevant experience implementing and testing real-time software for
demanding physical environments and high-reliability applications such as a space-based,
space flight, underwater, or aerospace systems.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering, or an Associate’s
Degree /Technical School Certificate, plus a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
• 5 years of experience in each of the following areas:
o Networking Applications and Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, DHCP, SSH, FTP and
o C/C++ Programming
o Java Development
o Scripting Languages: Perl, Python, Shell Scripting, Powershell.
• 1 Year of experience with GIT/GITHUB
• Top Secret Security Clearance or inactive TOP SECRET clearance if inactive for less than 1.5