Transmission Line Worker
- Job Title
- Transmission Line Worker
- Portland, ME
- Other Location
To apply, simply TEXT ONTARGET to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team today!
Transmission Line Worker
Is it time to elevate your career with a company dedicated to being the best in the industry; who values integrity, dedication, and hard work? If so, On Target wants you to join their ranks! We offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package and opportunities for advancement.
At On Target, we are a fast-growing company that provides a variety of utility services such as power line, telecommunications, metering and smart grid services throughout the Northeast. Relocation assistance is available.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits):
- 100% paid training – We're invested in you, starting on your first day
- High-quality company vehicle – All work-related expenses are paid. This means you won't be putting mileage on your personal vehicle for work. –
- Company laptop, phone, and equipment – Advanced technology you can count on.
- Daily pay – Access your pay when you need it most. Instantly transfer your earnings to your bank same day.
- Comprehensive insurance options – A variety of excellent insurance choices including medical, dental, vision, and life.
- 401(k) with company match – We will help you save for the long term with our competitive 401(k) employer match program.
- PTO and paid holidays – Even in your first year, so you can spend time with your loved ones.
- Post-dig season bonus – Front-line employees are the first to share in the company’s success.
- Tenure Boots Program – Provides a $200 voucher to buy a new pair of work boots on your first anniversary and every year after.
- Tech Health Desk – Dedicated representatives to get you what you need when you need it.
- Employee discounts & perks – Outstanding discounts at major retailers and service providers.
Your Responsibilities as a Transmission Line Worker:
- Safely performs all types of line work including, but not limited to, installing and removing poles; climbing transmission and distribution poles/structures; installing and maintaining cross arms, pins, insulators, wires and cables, transformers, cutouts, arrestors and all other line related equipment, either overhead or underground; installing fiber optic cable to utility poles; either transmission or distribution and overhead or underground locations; and, complete any required hot line tool work
- Safely works on and around energized lines and equipment in accordance with the company and customers’ construction, maintenance and safety standards
- Uses of tools, equipment and instruments of the trade and is proficient in line work methods
- Is thoroughly familiar with the distribution and/or transmission plant
- Works with the public, customers and fellow employees in a courteous, professional and effective manner
- Reads, interprets and works from sketches and diagrams
What We Need From You (Our Requirements):
- High School Diploma or GED. Technical education highly preferred
- At least 30-48 months or its equivalent in a journeyman line worker progression
- Have a minimum of a Class B CDL and the ability to obtain a Class A CDL within 3 months. Company will assist with permit and training.
- Obtain various state hoisting licenses
- Climb utility poles and work out of an aerial lift device
- Lift 100 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis. Stand, walk and work on uneven ground for the full workday
- Drive a line truck and/or equipment several hours every day
- Work outside in all types of weather conditions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Range
- $42.28 None to $0.00 None