SEARCH FOR JOBS AT AGRANA
Food Safety and Quality Manager
- Job Title
- Food Safety and Quality Manager
- Job ID
- Botkins, OH 45302
- Other Location
Food Safety and Quality Manager, Botkins, OH
Agrana Fruit US, Inc., a global leader in the production of fruit preparations for the dairy industry, is seeking a Food Safety and Quality Manager to manage the Botkins, OH facility Food Safety & Quality Management Systems (FSQMS) including but not limited to the direct management of quality control staff, direct responsibility for all internal auditing programs and 3rd party audit compliance, compliance with all company food safety & quality programs and procedures, maintenance of all plant food safety & quality documentation systems, development and maintenance of food safety & quality training programs for entire plant, overall food safety & quality leadership to ensure the safe and efficient manufacturing of the highest quality products to meet customer specifications.
Food Safety and Quality Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain the FSQMS to ensure compliance with the appropriate certification standards (i.e. FSSC 22000, ISO 9001, etc.) and plant FSQ performance fulfills established KPI targets.
- Manage the FSQMS to ensure the day-to-day activities are completed and aligned with the AGRANA FSQ strategies.
- Development of the FSQ strategies to ensure alignment with overall AGRANA direction.
- Manage and maintain a highly-trained quality assurance staff to confirm product testing is completed promptly and accurately to ensure only the highest quality products are shipped to the customer.
- Conduct the bi-annual review of the lab personnel and approve the reviews for all quality assurance staff.
- Control and update all Botkins procedures including food safety & quality procedures, standard operating procedures and work instructions so that all personnel will know and follow the correct established processes.
- Prepare for and participate in customer and regulatory audits at the Botkins Plant to ensure superior audit scores and compliance with all regulatory and customer requirements.
- Facilitate the plant food safety and quality team.
- Assist NPD on new commercialized products so that quality and related customer issues can be resolved to ensure a successful product launch for Agrana and the customer.
- Communicate plant food safety & quality information on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Oversee and investigate all Botkins customer returns or complaints to ensure accurate determination of root cause and implementation of any needed corrective actions.
- Oversee the implementation of Good Manufacturing Practices and associated FSMS programs to ensure production of safe and wholesome products.
- Additional responsibilities as directed by Plant Manager and US Head of Food safety and Quality.
Food Safety and Quality Manager Job Requirements:
- B. S. in Food Science, Biology, or applicable science field.
- Minimum five years supervisory experience in a food manufacturing plant.
- Strong communication skills –written and verbal
- Strong computer skills proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. SAP
- Strong working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, basic quality testing and safety issues
- Previous experience with GFSI certification systems (ISO 22000/FSSC Certification experience a strong preference).
- Experience with quality management systems is a prerequisite.
- Problem solving and creating solutions.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task major initiatives simultaneously.
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal.
Agrana Fruit is the world market leader and leading ingredient supplier of fruit preparations in one of the fastest growing segments in the food industry. Agrana Fruit specializes in the custom development of stabilized fruit preparations for the refrigerated & frozen dairy, bakery and food service industries. Every 3rd cup of yogurt worldwide contains fruit from Agrana!
Agrana Fruit offers competitive salary and provides an excellent benefits package. We are proud to be able to say that our employee costs are some of the lowest in our industry! Benefits offered by Agrana are designed to promote wellness and the well-being of every Agrana employee.
If interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply today!