Reservations Agent- Hotel Galvez & Spa
- Job Title
- Reservations Agent- Hotel Galvez & Spa
- Job ID
- Galveston, TX 77550
- Other Location
DEPARTMENT: Guest Services
REPORTS TO: Front Desk Manager
The Reservations Sales Agent is responsible for handling reservations, inquiries and cancellations in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner, and quoting available rates to maximize room revenue according to company standards.
Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Experience in a hotel is required.
· College course work in related field helpful.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amounts of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
· Comply with company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
· Must have demonstrated ability to use multiple computer programs of varying levels of complexity.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Answer all incoming calls promptly, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
· Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation.
· Book room reservations while focusing on maximizing room revenue and average rate using standard rate quoting scenario at all times. Up sell rooms when possible.
· Enter reservations into the computer according to standard operating procedures.
· Communicate and work closely with the Sales Department to build group blocks and enter group bookings.
· Maintain availability calendar and communicate all relevant information to the Front Desk staff.
· Maintain accurate files and reports.
· Handle all special reservations, to include V.I.P. reservations, packages and discounts.
· Monitor daily sales activity and alert front office team of sold out nights, group status and possible problem situations.
· Post no-show revenue daily, if required at property.
· Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent and assist at front desk as required by Hotel Management.
· Communicate availability to wholesalers.
· Call for occupancy at area hotels.
· File reservations and group contracts.
· Review Reservations logbook and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
· Send confirmations.
· Process advance deposit/balance sheet.
· Process brochure requests.
· Assist with processing travel agent commissions as requested.