Careers at RxSense
Our culture is more than a set of values, principles and promises. It’s the dynamic embodiment of who we are, where we’ve been and where we’re headed tomorrow.
- Job Title
- Database Administrator
- Job ID
- Other Location
RxSense is a Boston-based health technology company offering powerful technology solutions built to make prescription drugs more affordable for all. We operate two business units – Enterprise Platform Solutions, which provides turnkey technology services to employers, health plans and others who wish to administer pharmacy benefits, and Direct to Consumer (DTC), which offers cash pay prescription benefits to people under the consumer brand SingleCare.
Incorporated in 2014, RxSense is one of the fastest growing companies in New England. We are privately held and proud to have been recognized by Fast Company as one of 2020’s Most Innovative Companies, and by Forbes as a 2020 Best Startup Employer. Our CEO and Founder, Rick Bates, was named the EY New England Entrepreneur of the Year award winner in 2018.
We are looking for an experienced SQL Server DBA to support our production and non-production environments. The role provides day-to-day database support for .NET (LINQ/Entity Framework) applications using SQL Server running primarily on AWS RDS. SQL Server constitutes 95% of our database environment but we do support other platforms. We also support RDS instances and VMs running Postgres, MySQL and MongoDB. We are a 24/7/365 organization and this role requires participation in an on-call rotation. We will also consider candidates with strong data modeling skills and general experience with data-centered systems who we can train or potentially adapt the role for.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Utilize Use monitoring tools to diagnose performance opportunities and provide suggestions and feedback to developers
· Support the QA and dev teams with backups/restores of databases and instance snapshots
· Manage assigned tasks within the Jira ticket system
· Provision access to users
· Participate in weekly production code releases and hot ﬁxes
· Manage replication jobs in data replication tool (CloudBasic)
· Review Git pull requests that relate to data model, query, or schema changes
· Respond to ad hoc reporting requests
· Apply patches and updates
· Assist auditors to respond to internal and external audit requests
· Provide cross-functional communication and support to engineering and product teams:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following
· 5 years of experience as a production support SQL Server DBA, preferably in an AWS or GCP environment, or in other cloud environments (or related data systems experience)
· Proﬁcient with TSQL, DML, DDL, SSMS
· Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
· Must understand how to interpret a query plan
· Able to respond to calls within the SLA when on-call
· Able to import/export data using common SQL Server tools such as BCP, SSIS or Powershell
· Proﬁcient with Powershell (particularly dbatools) and a working knowledge of Bash
· Experience with source control systems such as Git, TFS, SVN
· Superior written and verbal communication skills - ability to communicate information & ideas clearly & concisely.
· Ability to foster a positive and productive work environment, with ability to lead, build teams, and motivate agents during the training period.
· Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced atmosphere.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Previous health technology experience required
· Demonstrated knowledge of learner-centered training practices
· Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
· Must have a moderate understanding of CRM and WFM
· Passion for embracing and learning new technologies
· PBM or Healthcare based business experience preferred
· Jira, Conﬂuence, Bit Bucket
· Data modeling
· Replication (any)
· Interpersonal Skills:
· Eﬃcient time management
· Strong attention to detail
· Take ownership of issues and see through to completion
· Clear verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to communicate technical concepts to the engineering team as well as non-technical users
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team