Dexter is a world leader in developing and producing safe, reliable trailer components for the markets we serve – all thanks to our exceptional team of employees. We give you the chance to be part of a growing company dedicated to quality products and superior customer service. We give you the chance to make a difference.
- Job Title
- Machine Operator
- Job ID
- Fremont, IN 46737
- Other Location
Hiring Immediately! Production, Construction, Manufacturing, and General Laborer industry workers encouraged to apply today in Fremont, IN
Are you someone who enjoys a career where you can make a lasting impact? Does the thought of working with a team of all-stars crafting high quality products excite you? If you’re an individual who takes immense pride in the quality of work you produce and have a personal commitment to safety, you should apply to join our team as one of our Machine Operators!
We currently have open opportunities for 3rd Shift Machine Operators in our Fremont facility.
Dexter is the premier supplier and manufacturer of axles, doors, venting products, and related components. We proudly manufacture axles for the utility trailer, boat trailer, recreational vehicle, heavy duty, and manufactured housing markets. Our customers choose the Dexter brand for our commitment to high quality and on-time products. We currently employ over 2,800 people throughout 18 manufacturing facilities across the United States and Canada.
Machine Operators are responsible for the following:
- Friction Operator: Operation of a friction machine off an axle tube on a converter belt, then adding to the spindle machine.
- Tweaker Operator: Assure that the axles staged for processing satisfy the quantity and configuration requirements of the Shop Work Order. Perform the required measurements and calculations and record those values. If necessary, make minor adjustments to the tow and camber on the axle
- Camber Operator: Two-person operation. Read shop order to locate the spring center and camber orientation. Measure the tube length, spring center and end spacing to ensure it matches the work order. Remove excessive wire from the tube, cut and strip the ends. Scan the bar code on the shop order, which will scan critical information needed to camber the axles. Place the axle in the camber machine; both operators will activate the camber machine by depressing their individual foot pedals. Follow work instructions to complete the camber process.
Why You’ll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits)
Dexter offers a competitive salary along with comprehensive benefits. Our benefits package includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) plan with company contributions
What We Need from You (Our Requirements)
- Possess a high degree of quality workmanship
- Must have knowledge of fractions
- Must be able to stand for long periods at a time
- Working knowledge of various types of machinery
- Be safety conscious, detail oriented, and work well with others in a team environment
- Be able to lift up to 80lbs – heavy lifting
- Flexible to work overtime and weekends as required
- Able to read and understand written/verbal instructions in English.
- Read a tape measure
Text "DEXTER" to 25000 to Apply!!
Dexter is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.