- Job Title
- AV/VTC Technician
- Job ID
- Spokane, WA
- Other Location
Monday - Friday; after hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.
The Technician will provide initial response, basic troubleshooting, maintenance, and installation of all on-site A/V and Telco equipment.
· Provide support for A/V equipment in multiple buildings over 4 geographically separated sites. The equipment consists of but not limited to AMX controllers, CCTV, video cameras, various recording solutions, various audio solutions, and projectors all used in a classroom/training environment.
· Submitting of purchase orders, receipt, inventory, tracking, and repair of all the equipment.
· Creating and updating drawings, providing documentation of all installed systems and modification as needed.
· Creating, updating, and performing day to day operational checks to ensure system uptime.
· Must be able to work closely with network team to achieve common goals.
· Must be able to monitor and troubleshoot service demarcation points, equipment status, system alerts, and user’s service requests; provide status, document support problems, and conduct repair or replacement actions.
· Proficiently configure, operate, upgrade and ensure maintenance of all installed Private Branch Exchange (PBX), voicemail systems, and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) equipment.
· Perform routine system configuration changes such as add, move, and change station numbers, assign class of restriction/class of service privileges, install both digital and analog telephone sets, change auto attendant menus, add and delete voice mail boxes, and reset alarms.
· Perform cross connects, cable installation, and similar wiring tasks related to installing and moving equipment. Train users on system features and desk-set telephone and console operation.
· Conduct first tier isolation of problems to particular components, make on-the-spot substitutions of failed items with in-stock spares, and arrange further fault isolation and repair or replacement of failed equipment with outside vendors.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Language - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Math - Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Reasoning - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Skills and Certifications:
· Associates Degree (two-year college or technical school): Preferred
· Minimum two years’ experience working within the A/V Industry: Preferred
· Solid troubleshooting, ability to work with test equipment and installation hand tools.
Basic Installation Skills:
· Be able to install equipment, pull cable, label and terminate various low voltage cable types
· Have experience with automated touch panels and their software
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and Visio
· CompTIA Security+ ce: Required at start date
· CompTIA Network+ ce or AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist (CTS): Required at start date
· Active adjudicated SECRET security clearance minimum: Required at time of hire
- Must be TS/SCI eligible
· Must be able to lift up to 70lbs.
· Must be able to work overhead.