National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
Environmental Compliance Manager
- Job Title
- Environmental Compliance Manager
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
The Environmental Compliance Manager will manage all permitting requirements and ongoing compliance obligations throughout project construction and operation to ensure continuous adherence to all applicable requirements. The Manager will work closely with the other members of the Permitting team and members of the Operations team for a smooth transition from development to compliance and for coordination across all relevant departments.
- Comprehensively track and manage compliance requirements of operating assets
- Coordinate compliance deliverables / responses across internal departments
- Manage compliance budgets in coordination with the Accounting and Asset Management departments
- Proactively assess and mitigate potential noncompliance incidents
- Respond to noncompliance incidents and coordinate response across internal departments
- Apply for operational permits as needed, including federal and state take permits for any listed / protected species
- Manage operational monitoring surveys and related agency coordination / disclosure, incl. ongoing reporting requirements
- Manage government, agency, and consultant relationships
- Participate in industry working groups and communicate any law or policy changes that affect operational compliance to applicable internal departments
- Actively participate in internal permitting meetings and provide feedback to permitting leads to review and ensure feasibility of operational permit requirements
- Actively participate in internal development and construction meetings to understand project specifics for a smooth handoff to compliance
- B.A. or B.S. in environmental science or environmental studies, environmental engineering or closely related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in environmental permitting and expertise with local and state permitting requirements and obtaining regulatory approvals.
- Experience with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and working with lead federal agencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze, organize, and interpret data and translate information into direct, easy to understand deliverables.